PDA

View Full Version : close a disney classic?

KAJUNKING
03-26-2007, 11:25 PM
if you had to decide which one would you close,
spaceship earth , carousel of progress, haunted mansion, or hall of presidents?

battle beast
03-26-2007, 11:45 PM
I don't like this poll because itI like all the attractions lsited, and it's not quite a fair poll... nobody would close the HM, and most people think the HoP is lame. Hence why it will get the most votes, guaranteed.:confused:

KAJUNKING
03-27-2007, 12:00 AM
I don't like this poll because itI like all the attractions lsited, and it's not quite a fair poll... nobody would close the HM, and most people think the HoP is lame. Hence why it will get the most votes, guaranteed.:confused:

im not saying its an easy poll but it is fair! hop is a disney classic straight from walt himself, so is cop and nobody can argue with hm, and se is the centerpiece of epcot, and that was walts ultimate dream! i dont think most people think hop is lame! i think most of the people on this site love american history and enjoy the story of hop!

Figment50
03-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Interesting! I can't vote I like all the rides and wouldn't want to see any of them go.

mrsgaribaldi
03-27-2007, 01:40 AM
I voted for the one I care for least, CoP. I know it's Walt's baby but it really needs some updating. When they talk about the turn of the century it should at least be about the one we are in now:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
03-27-2007, 08:04 AM
I too like all the attractions listed. It was a hard choice. Sorry to my American friends, I voted for the HoP.

As for updating, I think that all of these really need a bit of work.

TIdoubleGR
03-27-2007, 08:22 AM
I had to go with HoP..it's just not one of the must-dos like all the others for us.

RAIDER
03-27-2007, 08:44 AM
C o P for me i couldnt wait to get out i was so bored :ack:

darthmacho
03-27-2007, 09:05 AM
If you had left out the Hall of Presidents, the first three options would have created quite the conundrum for me, and I don't know if I could have answered it. :drama:

Hall of Presidents IS a WDW classic, but it doesn't inspire the nostalgia that CoP does, nor is it even close to as entertaining as Haunted Mansion. I would never vote to shut down Spaceship Earth, because I don't think you could truly have Epcot without it. :mickey:

DDuck66
03-27-2007, 09:23 AM
I do not think that any of these should be closed...but the one that seems to be in need of a complete overhaul is the Carousel of Progress. The older scenes are still okay except for a few malfunctions that have been noted in other threads, but the newer scenes need to be updated and or redone.

SurferStitch
03-27-2007, 09:36 AM
This was kind of easy for me.... SE. DH and I love HM, CoP and HoP. We've really learned to enjoy and appreciate HoP over the years.

Keep the ball, but put a better attraction inside.
Although....it is a ride we love to grab a nap in...if the car isn't grinding, screaching and bumping too much.

snowflakegirl
03-27-2007, 09:38 AM
That was tough! I love all of them so it was really hard to decide, but I finally went with HoP.

smartinez1
03-27-2007, 09:54 AM
I also went with HOP, only because there is no way I could live without the other 3! I know COP needs to be refurbed and updated, but I still love it. Just knowing that Walt designed, implemented and watched the show himself is very special to me.

stitchbag1
03-27-2007, 10:17 AM
This is a tough choice. All four attractions have great history and meaning for evryone who visits WDW. For myself, I had to vote HoP due to the fact that others have already stated. CoP needs updating, but you can't get rid of that. As well as SE. What would EPCOT be without it? As for the HM, well that to me is more "classic" Disney than HoP.

prttynpnk
03-27-2007, 10:37 AM
You can't really get rid of any of them- they're all iconic or at least they represent the last time Walt influenced the park. It would be criminal.

Off to Never Land
03-27-2007, 10:47 AM
I chose HoP...although I have no idea where I will take my cat naps anymore!;)

pogo
03-27-2007, 11:57 AM
I do not like this poll at all,:down: but I did play along and picked SE. :shake: :sorry:

I'm sorry folks, but I don't know how so many people can pick HoP to go.:flag: It shows part of our country's history and the men ( like them or not ) that have had to make the hard decisions to help keep us free to make silly little polls like this. :D

Cigar Rex
03-27-2007, 12:13 PM
The gentleman from North Carolina respectfully abstains...:humph:

I can't vote for any of these to be closed because they are all favorites of mine.

Dopey's Girl
03-27-2007, 12:14 PM
What a toughie!

I picked HoP only because WDW without the other 3 wouldn't be WDW. I love HoP though...

Figgyluv03
03-27-2007, 12:15 PM
HoP only because it's my least favorite out of all the other rides. No way can you closed HM!!!!! It's one of the best rides in Disney!!!

DVCWDWMEMBER
03-27-2007, 12:21 PM
I can't vote either. I love all of them and would not be happy if any would be closed.
Sorry just can't get myself to do it.

mttafire
03-27-2007, 01:40 PM
I voted for the one I care for least, CoP. I know it's Walt's baby but it really needs some updating. When they talk about the turn of the century it should at least be about the one we are in now:mickey:
This was my choice...Although i didnt like the choices...Id keep them all.:mickey:

AliceinDisney
03-27-2007, 02:16 PM
hold your tongue. Nothing should ever be closed from Disney. I digress, if I had to choose I suppose I would pick Hall of Presidents, since its all immaterial to me being Canadian, I don't follow American politics religiously.

Jeff G
03-27-2007, 02:30 PM
E. None of the above.

4ubie1
03-27-2007, 03:34 PM
I couldn't vote..i am sorry :cry: I like them all too much. I am totally into the classics and would love for all of them to stay. I can understand updating some but keep the classics intact. PLEASE!!:D

WDWFREAK101
03-27-2007, 08:02 PM
HoP. Sorry guys not to be rude or anything i just hate this ride. I am more of a thrill seeker and i hate it when my girlfriend drags me on it.

HM FOREVER!!!!! :mickey:

future_imagineer
03-27-2007, 09:04 PM
None of them, because I love them all!

GoofeyAtDisney
03-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Im going to have to say Carousel of Progress because I felt that it was extremely boring.

battle beast
03-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Like I said above, everybody (60%) voted for the HoP. I love that place too much!

Laughin' place
03-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Im a sentimentalist, and never like to see a ride go. If I had to vote for one, Id have to vote CoP, but only begrudgingly. I would like to see both HoP and CoP updated. CoP is quaint, and catchy music, and fun as a way to "look back on the future":unsure:

Belle619
03-28-2007, 02:35 PM
This is such a tough decision. :confused:

Other than HM, none of the rides are ones in which I go on to be entertained, but instead out of respect to Walt and family tradition.

With that being said:
which would I want to close - none
which do I think need a refurb - all

homeschool mom
03-28-2007, 03:12 PM
We as a family don't really care for HM so this wasn't a hard vote. We do plan on going on it again on our next trip, but it has never been a "must do" attraction for us. (By the way, the mansion was actually designed after an actual mansion in a town less than 10 miles from where we live!) I love HoP and my kids have come to love it as well. To me it is a great place to get a very good and concise history lesson. Not to mention the audioanimatronics. Those presidents are great! (Whether they were in real life or not.)

rnin02
03-28-2007, 03:54 PM
I had to vote for HoP although my hubby would be very disappointed:( I have to be honest, it puts me to sleep every single time we watch it. No matter how hard I try to stay awake.

berri_boo
03-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Sorry - I can't vote in the poll. My conscience will not allow me!:blush:

indytraveler
03-28-2007, 05:21 PM
out of this these choices HOP was the "loser" only because they don't talk about Presidents. They give you a short US history lesson in 10 min. That's what the American Adventure show in Epcot is supposed to do.

Clotho
03-28-2007, 05:36 PM
I do have to say that HoP is going to get a surge in interest when/if they get to add Obama or Clinton! The first woman or black man in the lineup...that would be something people would flock to see, and could renew interest in the entire show!

dteed
03-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Spaceship Earth for me but only if I had to close one. The reason behing my answer is it is the only one that was not there when I first experienced Walt Disney World.

DizneyFreak2002
03-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Sadly, I would shut down Hall of Presidents... I do enjoy the show, when I stay awake during it....

pdrlkr
03-28-2007, 07:21 PM
This very tough, but I went with HoP.:(

tyandskyesmom
03-29-2007, 01:29 PM
The decision was tough until I saw the last one...HoP...the only reason we go in there is for a nap!

All of the others we'd miss greatly.

DisneyGRL7
03-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I said CoP because when I last went on it, about 3 years ago, I got bored, which is really rare for me (or anyone I guess) at Disney. I do understand though, that it really is a classic.

I actually found HoP very interesting when I was there last, but I can imagine that few people are really in the mood for a history lesson while other attractions await.

LudwigVonDrake
03-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Carousel of Progress is a classic and shouldn't go anywhere :mickey:

GiltterDisneyGirl
03-30-2007, 04:23 AM
SSE, HM, and CoP, are all my favs, and I haven't see HoP since i was little. But I couldn't close any of them but maybe It's a Small World! lol

AwPhooey
03-30-2007, 07:36 AM
I love all of these rides, but I chose Carousel of Progress.

My rationale was t hat there's no way you can get rid of SE or HM, so that leaves HoP and CoP. HoP may not be the most exciting ride/show, but at least it gets an update every time there's a new president (which is more often than CoP gets updates).

Makusu
03-30-2007, 03:46 PM
HoP.

These are all great classics with good animatronics. I would hate to see any of them go. But I tend to fall asleep when going to HoP. :blush:

dumbo ears
03-30-2007, 10:58 PM
i have to say hall of presidents because I have never seen it

SpecJoe Magic
03-31-2007, 03:50 AM
I happen to like American history, and I think the HoP animatronics are fantastic, but I feel that it doesn't come close to the level of fun of the other 3 attractions. If Hop weren't in this poll, I'd vote for CoP even though I'm very fond of it. Spaceship Earth needs to be there because it is Epcot's centerpiece attraction, and the Haunted Mansion is a great attraction even if its classic status isn't taken into account.

disneyfan1124
03-31-2007, 07:11 PM
I can't believe Hall of President's is in the lead!

I actually wouldn't want to see any of them go, but I chose CoP because in terms of value of education, it's pretty out dated and if one had to go, I guess it should be that one.

One of the reasons I like CoP is that it's a great place to sit for a bit, cool off, and relax on a hot day in the park.

MsMin
04-01-2007, 12:40 AM
It was a tough decision for me. HoP is not like it was when Walt talked of it. I remember that more than any other ride when he was on WoD talking about the making of Mr. Lincoln.
I picked CoP b/c it just doesn't seem as accurate as it was years ago. Now Grandpa lives to the turn of the century for a second time. What is he 140??? Does anyone remember when he used to say "well Grandpa isn't with us anymore"??? That drives me nuts.
I think the HoP provides a wonderful historic piece but they could cut the movie :sleepin:

goofygirl67
04-01-2007, 09:20 AM
I couldn't vote for this one, they are all my favorites.
SE--a must do every trip, yes it needs an update but it is a good ride.
HM--it is a bit lame but I am addicted to it and go everytime.
CP--does need a liitle cleaning and a slight upgrade but I love the song and find myself singing it half way through.
HOP-- I am into politics but I love this one. I watch the animatronics closely and sometimes they appear real in their movements, I'm amazed.

Donald A
04-01-2007, 05:14 PM
The Hall of Presidents just because I don't enjoy it that much.

Skippy
04-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Keep the ball, but put a better attraction inside.
Although....it is a ride we love to grab a nap in...if the car isn't grinding, screaching and bumping too much.

I voted for SE for the same noisy reason. It just sounds like it needs help.
That and I preferred the Walter Cronkite narration.