PDA

View Full Version : Best Value Hotel for Family of Five

BRJARE3
03-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi. We will be traveling to Disney in Dec. We have three young children under the age of 5. Which value resort would be the best one to stay in? We do not want to have to travel that far within the resort with the kids. I know we would do a preferred room, but we have never stayed at the value resorts yet. Thanks.

Mnchknbrat1982
03-27-2007, 12:20 AM
well it depends if you have any that are in a crib or not. If you do then you could do all the value's. I think the kids would like the Pop Century or the All stars Movies the best. However, you may consider staying in the suites that the all stars has as it gives you a little bit more room.

offwego
03-27-2007, 12:45 PM
welcome to intercot!

If none of the themes have made you go oh that's for me! I'd consider Pop. It's advantage is in a dedicated bus system just for pop. (the all stars from time to time share a bus).

There's no difference in size of rooms and all of the resorts really have the same kind of "size" to deal with.

Allysmom
03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
I agree that POP offers a lot of bang for your buck - we were there last year with a 5 year old. You're rarely in your room, so don't worry too much about the size. And the resort is so bright and colorful that kids just love it! Also, it's true that Pop has dedicated buses so that makes the trips to and from the parks a bit quicker! Enjoy!

IrishMickey
03-27-2007, 08:24 PM
I agree that the POP is a great place to stay. We also have three kids and at the time they were 5, 2 and 5mos, we used a port a crib for the baby and we still had plenty of room. You really aren't in your room to much. The POP buses were great and the travel times to the parks were not to long. Of course at closing all of the bus lines are long, we tried to avoid that as much as possible. Have a great trip.

TammiMcMan
03-27-2007, 09:15 PM
You mentioned 3 children under the age of 5, but are they all aged 3 and up? If so, then one value room is not going to work for you. The occupancy limit is 4 guests (unless you have one child under the age of 3). Also, which week in December will you be travelling? The first week is the Pop Warner Championships for football and cheerleading. The majority of the participants do stay in the All Star. It can be tough to find value accomodations that week.

BRJARE3
04-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks so much. It sounds like POP is the best one. My three kids will be 5, 2 1/2 and 1, so we can all stay in one room for this trip. Thanks for all your help.