PDA

View Full Version : Best Water Park for Young Kids

BRJARE3
03-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi. We have three kids ( 5, 2 1/2 and 14 months) and were thinking of going to a water park one day. Which one would be the best one to go to? We will be going down to Disney in Dec. Thanks so much.

ThanxForNoticin
03-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Both water parks have fun areas for the kids. However, you will want to check the schedule. If you are going in December, they usually have one of the parks closed and one open. You probably won't have a choice.

Speedy1998
03-27-2007, 01:07 PM
I would not set your heart on visiting one of the water parks during December. Weather in Fla. is very unpredictible that time of year. I have been there when the highs were only in the low 30s, and I have also been there when the highs were in the 80s.

But like the previous poster said, you will most likely only have one choice, unless you plan on going off property.

mmouse566
03-27-2007, 07:03 PM
I agree with both the above posters. That said if they are open, and if it is warm enough, and if you do have a choice my child prefers Typhoon Lagoon.

IrishMickey
03-27-2007, 08:11 PM
We love both water parks, however we found the slides at Blizzard Beach in the Kid area better then the ones at Typhoon Lagoon because they were a little closer together. Our kids were about the same ages as your kids, but the last time we were there in December, Blizzard Beach was being refurbished. Either park is a blast. Have fun:mickey:

merlinmagic4
03-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Typhoon Lagoon has the Ketchakiddie Creek area (I think..apologies if I am wrong or spelled it wrong!). My kids were a bit older but I'm looking forward to it with my one year old this time. There is a little creek running through it that they can splash around in. They also have a slide and a mini tube ride perfect for you older children! They have great spots in the shade there, too. I am sending my husband running for one of those spots:D