PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica?

caryrae
03-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Does anyone else out there watch Battlestar Galactica? If you do do you know why in the world the new season won't start til 2008. What is going on with the shows I watch. Both Stargates (SG1 and Atlantis) haven't had new episode for a long time but are starting again soon. Also I watched the 4400 and that has been off the air for along time too but will also start up again this year sometime. Why such a long time between seasons all of a sudden?:mad:

RazdOnDis
03-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Oh yeah. I love BSG. From what I've been reading the new season didn't get greenlit until a couple of weeks ago so that kind of left things hanging for awhile. They are also making a full length movie to come out in late fall/early winter of this year that is supposed to tie things together. Sadly, if Ron Moore's new spinoff, Caprica, gets the green light it will certainly mark next season as BSG's last. Season four is 22 episodes so it sounds as if they are trying to wrap things up next year. Boo. Funny though, I never really liked the original series.

Clotho
03-27-2007, 06:26 PM
I cannot say I know enough about the biz to speak with any authority, but my guess is that it has to do with budgeting. TV shows like these (which I also watch) are high-budget, heavy effects endeavors--kind of like mini-movies. That high budget and highly detailed production level is hard to keep up compared to the more sit-com level productions we see elsewhere.

The length of seasons we came to know and love from "in front of a live studio audience"-era TV is no more. It takes a lot more money, time, and planning to put these things on the air. Hence shorter seasons, or split seasons, with long gaps in between.

I hate it, too. I lose interest in the shows in between, and kind of have to re-warm to them when they return. I feel jerked around...

Boojum
03-27-2007, 06:35 PM
I don't know the answer, but I'm ticked about the whole thing.

So--do y'all think Anders, Tory, Chief, and Tigh are really Cylons?

caryrae
03-27-2007, 07:32 PM
It's a tough one, I am guessing they are not Cylons makes a great cliffhanger though. If it does turn out they aren't how long do they go on thinking they are? Also what's up with Baltar is he or isn't he a cylon? They make it seem like he is they way he is in six's mind sometimes like she is in his.

Also if the chief is a cylon then there baby would be half human half cylon too not just Sharon and Helo's baby.

janebanks
03-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Also if the chief is a cylon then there baby would be half human half cylon too just Sharon and Helo's baby.
very good point

is Starbuck a cylon?? or is Lee just seeing her in his head? or did she go through some kind of wormhole just before her ship exploded?

caryrae
03-28-2007, 11:06 AM
I read on a BSG forum everyone thinks either Roslin or Admiral Adama are cylons. If ya go to the scifi channel website and go to Battlestar Galactica there is a forum with a ton of interesting theories about the show.

ibrowse17
03-28-2007, 11:39 AM
If those four that heard the music are Cylons, does that make Jimmi Hendrix a Cylon??? I think not, so they can not be.

Clotho
03-28-2007, 05:30 PM
If those four that heard the music are Cylons, does that make Jimmi Hendrix a Cylon??? I think not, so they can not be.

Except that the song was written and originally performed by Dylan, and the one on the show is a completely remade song done with Indian instruments...:cool:

ibrowse17
03-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Wow, sorry. I beg for mercy... So now Dylan is a Cylon. And Indian style music as well...