PDA

View Full Version : Photo pass

lovemykaitlyn
03-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Has any one considered ordering the DVD or photo book? These seem pricey but nice. We have a lot of photos of our own similar to the ones on photo pass. I don't mind paying but wanted to know what people thought. The individual pictures are way too expensive, I think. Any one know of any similar ways to put these together themselves?
Thanks!

iluvdizney2
03-26-2007, 07:14 PM
We actually had 482 photos over 16 days and we decided to get he DVD's. We actually got 2 DVD's! We added our borders and corpped photos and they really look nice. They print out very nice and we are able to make our own book at our leisure.

bradk
03-26-2007, 07:26 PM
by DVD, are you talking about the photopass CD that the PP is referring to? or the photomovie DVD which has gone AWOL?

i've heard mostly good things about the photobook. it is rather expensive for what it is, but it looks pretty darn neat. i've heard one person say some of the photos didn't come out as expected and it's my understanding customer service isn't the best in the world, especially when disney will delete the photos after 30 days of claiming so my only advice is if you're going to do this, do it as soon as you can after claiming the photos.

iluvdizney2
03-26-2007, 08:57 PM
oops my bad!
I meant CD not DVD.
We did play it in the DVD player on our tv, and it was a nice slide show...

tinksmom02
03-26-2007, 09:38 PM
We did not opt for the CD, as we only had about 60 pics on the photopass, and many of those were also taken with our camera. For us it just made sense to order the 3 really good pictures (plus they were running a special when I ordered, so it was a little cheaper). And the book looked really nice, but I had taken over 300 pics and that seemed WAY too much LOL

I will agree with another poster who said that customer service isn't great...one of my pics was printed incorrectly, and using the contact form on the website got me nowhere. A friendly Intercotee sent me another email addy to use, and although I got quick responses, it was still a couple of weeks before I got the new pic. They kept saying it was shipping, but it never shipped. HOWEVER, when the order finally came, they sent reprints of my whole order, not just the one picture, so that was nice.

It just seems sad that Disney chose such a non-customer-service-friendly company to deal with such a big part of their parks. :confused:

Anyway, I think that if you get tons of pictures, it makes sense to order the CD. For us, it just didn't seem worth the cost. For some reason the photographers just didn't seem that eager to take our pictures LOL

bradk
03-26-2007, 10:17 PM
just as an fyi, you can upload your own pics for the photobook.. in fact, the lowest priced tier for it is solely your own photos. as you move up in price, it can include your photopass photos, stock photos and additional templates.

Not2Loud
03-26-2007, 10:26 PM
We bought the CD, after we came home. We put border and such on pictures.

I loved it. We weren't worried about snapping pictures and such. It became a game to see how many we could get taken.

KAJUNKING
03-26-2007, 10:38 PM
we got the cd before we left and think it was so worth it! you are more than welcome to view them at my homepage :mickey:

Noah's Helper
03-26-2007, 11:08 PM
You can create photo books using your own photos at Shutterfly. There are bound to be other sites where you can do this as well (I believe Creative Memories is another).

I haven't ordered a photo book, from either Disney or Shutterfly, so I don't know how the quality or prices compare.

bradk
03-26-2007, 11:08 PM
just an FYI, if you purchase the CD in the parks (or at GF), you won't be able to embellish the photos with borders / accents / autographs. you will only be able to do this from home. the CD will give you everything in your online photopass account.

conwayjohn71
03-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Can you get the ride Photos put on the PhotoBook?

bradk
03-29-2007, 02:26 PM
just test track which is the only attraction on photopass right now. i suppose in theory you could scan and upload any ride photos you may have purchased. haven't heard of this, but all uploaded photos are subject to approval, so i dunno, but it's an interesting idea and worth a shot.

AuntDJ
03-29-2007, 04:50 PM
We bought the CD before we left. Having been to WDW world before as well as having bought the CD before, here is what I learned on this trip....if there is a photopass photographer around, I did not use my camera. The rest of my family (first timers) did not know this, so we ended up with a TON of pics, but what this gave us was a lot of the same pics but a little different. What I also noticed is that because we had so many cameras going, we did not know which camera to look at, so I think it is better to either use your camera or photopass not both...

I don't know if I answered your question...but there it is.

We have over 150 pics this last trip, there were 3 families so we split the cost. Previously I have been by myself and still bought it. Because the individual pics are so expensive and they take complete family photos I think it is worth it.

DJ