PDA

View Full Version : How far away do......hmmm

Xenasociopath
03-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Hey,
I was in WDW a few weeks ago and pretty much spent tons of time in the Norway Pavillion chatting it up with the workers and having fun.
(Those girls eyes were like sapphires! Oooo doodle!)
Anyways, where do the cast members house at?
Do they do dorms, apartments, or are they all shoved into a pit at night and given rations of fruit loops?

I'd really like to contact the friends I made there. Any one know how?

Thanks,
Xenasociopath, 18 Iowa

Marilyn Michetti
03-26-2007, 07:21 PM
When we went in 2000, there was a pavilion where all the countries had displays, and were manned by the interns. We talked to several of them just to ask those questions.

They don't get lots of money, but they live pretty well in dormitory type housing. They all seem to enjoy their year at Disney, and it's not an easy spot to win.

Main St. Jim will be able to tell you more.:thumbsup:

baldburke
03-26-2007, 09:40 PM
As best I know the international interns are put up in the Treehouses at the old Disney Institute, but I can't imagine thee is enough room there for all of them. I wonder if Disney buses or flies them out to see the country while they are here? I would think it would get awful boring being stuck in Florida, even if you were at Disney.

glenpreece
03-28-2007, 09:36 AM
I actually had two friends go and work in the Canadian pavillion. They lived at a big complex right by the I-4 called the Commons. It is a large townhouse/condo complex. It is gated with tight security. Anyone going in or out has to show ID. They have a gym, pool, computers etc. There are no non CM over night stays allowed and if you are under 21 your are put into a "wellness" apartment (no alcohol or they will send you home). It is up little lake brian. There is another complex too which is smaller I think. Can't remember the name of it. They are allowed to go wherever they want home etc if can they can get the time off. Allison and Kate were able to go away several times because they were overstaffed at Le Cellier while they were there. They don't seem to get bored becuase there is so much to do. They go out partying and clubbing and went down to Miami several times. Plus you get entrance to all the parks for free!!!!