PDA

View Full Version : Wl or Swan

Robbieligh
03-26-2007, 06:08 PM
I am having a dilemma. I made reservations at the Swan for 2 weeks in July and received the nurses rate of 149.00 a night. I then made reservations at the Wilderness Lodge for the same time hoping maybe they will have annual pass rates. Right now it is approx. 700.00 more for the 2 weeks than the Swan is. I have stayed at both resorts before and both have their pros and cons but lately I have been reading so many negetive comments about the Swan. I NEED HELP!! What should I do? Any opinions are welcome.

Maleficent's Dad
03-26-2007, 07:05 PM
If money's the issue - Swan it is.
I honestly prefer Swan's location...
BUT
I much prefer the WL as a resort - theme, CM's, Disney feel, etc... Plus the location isn't too bad either! ;)

Maleficent's Dad
03-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Oh yeah, and WELCOME TO INTERCOT!!! :clappy: :clappy:

Crow
03-26-2007, 09:41 PM
If money's the issue - Swan it is.
I honestly prefer Swan's location...
BUT
I much prefer the WL as a resort - theme, CM's, Disney feel, etc... Plus the location isn't too bad either! ;)

i agree. if $$ was no issue id go w WL. but i like the Swan for location better, where i could walk to Epcot or MGM (my fav parks) and Kimonos is great for sushi and sake.
but WL is my fav Disney resort such a great theme. will the $700 hurt?

SallyP
03-27-2007, 07:15 AM
$700 is a lot of 'extras'.
We have stayed at the Swan/Dolphin recently with nothing but good experiences to report. Others have stayed with negative experiences.
The same can be said for Disney resorts : wherever people are involved you're going to get good days and bad days. We stayed at the BWI in February and our room never got cleaned. An oversight I'm sure but - it happens even at Disney reosrts.
So in the end it's your call and what location suits your holiday best. Boardwalk area is 'awake' much more at night in the summer. The pool area at Swan/Dolphin is great and you can walk over to miniature golf from there.

We always choose by the location (where we want to spend our time) and then by best rate at a Deluxe. Last time we did Epcot so it was the Dolphin. Next time it's MK so it's WL.

DisneyDudet
03-27-2007, 10:23 PM
I would go with the Swan. We're going to stay there in Oct.. once we get the ressies done... :mad:

I love the WL.. its gorgeous and everything, but we didn't have the best experience there. Our room was quite loud.. always sounded like working going on above us. Other than that, it was great!

$700 is quite a bit of money. You can always book at both, and then if you get a better rate at WL w/ the AP later, you can cancel the Swan w/in 5 days and get your deposit back.. same with WL if you book room only.

I think I would go for the Swan.. we are! We have the same dilemma, except w/ the AKL... cuz I'm the only one that liked WL the best :(

As of right now, I would go w/ the Swan, until AP rates are out. Those nurses rates are popular and are not abundant, so keep it in your back pocket!

Jeff
03-28-2007, 07:26 AM
I have stayed at both also and love them both. As others have said though, for the money and for the location I would stay with the Swan.

We just stayed at the Swan again 3 months ago and had a great stay. Certainly no complaints.:thumbsup:

hotelhound
03-28-2007, 12:14 PM
My family prefers the Swan although they wish the pool was heated because we tend to visit in the cooler months. Having stayed at the Swan 6 times in the past 3 years (mostly for business) I have never experienced any issues and actually enjoy the atmosphere and guest experience. On a recent January (WDW Marathon) trip, my family was at the Swan and some friends happened to be staying at the Yacht Club. While everyone enjoyed the pool at the Yacht Club (except that nasty -- onto the boardwalk bit to get to the water slide --- how come no one ever mentions this), we all felt that the Swan felt fresher. One final note, between the two hotels and the boardwalk the dining options can't be beat.

bkfree
03-28-2007, 10:43 PM
I also agree that the Swan is much better because of its location. Even if it was $700 more, we still choose Epcot resorts. We think their location cannot be beat by an other resort.

King Triton
03-29-2007, 12:36 PM
All things being equal, I'd take WL. Its my favorite Disney resort.

But, $700 is a huge difference! The Swan is also very nice and has a terrific location...I'd do the Swan.

DisneyDudet
03-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Well, we were in the same place as you are, but we are booked for the Swan. Its cheaper, an awesome location...

Now all we need is car and tickets!

I would book Swan and wait to see if there are WL discounts later.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-01-2007, 12:13 AM
I love staying at the Swan or Dolphin. The beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in.
And I love the location. We can walk back to the hotel after Illuminations. The Boardwalk is a nice place to walk over to as well. And you can use the pools at both the Swan & Dolphin. I like the grotto pool.

Ray C.
04-01-2007, 03:38 AM
As nice as the WL is, I much prefer the Swan. Location, location, location! I love how close it is to Epcot, MGM, and The Boardwalk. If you ask me. WL is kinda out of the loop. I also enjoy being able to stay on Disney property, without the complete Disney experience. Some nights after longs days in the parks, I like to just go back to my room and take a break from it all. A vacation from my vacation if you will. And to top it all off, the beds are absolutely luxurious!:cloud9:

DisneyGiant
04-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Adding another vote for the Swan!

WL was nice - but not for an extra $700!

Swan will be much better for transportation, and a short walk to the Boardwalk, should you want to mosey on over and take in Disney atmosphere.

At WL - you'd have to take a boat to hop over to Contemporary or Ft Wilderness, should you want Disney atmosphere other than your own resort.

We're staying at the Swan this year, because I used up all this year's DVC points last year!