PDA

View Full Version : Critique my ADRs please!

Disneyatic
03-26-2007, 05:16 PM
We have made our ADRs!! I would like everyone's input, especially on the questions in bold....thanks in advance :mickey:
Sunday Sept 9th arrival afternoon
6:10 p.m. at Chef Mickey's
We want to see the SpectroMagic parade at 8 and fireworks at MK at 9 pm, do you think we can make it in time?
Monday
6:30 pm at Hollywood & Vine
Do you think we can make Fantasmic at 8 p.m. or need to move our ADR time up?
Tuesday
7 pm at Coral Reef
Again, do you think we can make Illuminations at 9 pm? Also, we have thought about changing to Rose&Crown b/c of mixed reviews of Coral Reef
Wednesday
9:05 am at Akershaus princess breakfast
Dinner in DTD at Cap-n-Jacks or Earl of Sandwich...any favorites?
Thursday
9:30 am Crystal Palace
This is a morning EMH so we thought we could go early hit some rides and then bkfst and start again!
Dinner 5:30pm at Whispering Canyon Cafe
Friday
5:20 at LTT, we are hoping this is the first day of MNSSHP. Also DD's 8th birthday!! :party:
Saturday 15th--this day is open but we are thinking about Ohana's for breakfast.This means we would have to pay for something OOP, probably Crystal Palace breakfast.

I would love everyone's thoughts and opinions, sorry for the long post!

BelleBeauty
03-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Here are my thoughts:

Sunday - Chef Mickey's: great choice and great place to start off the trip! If possible, I would say to get an earlier seating. I usually try to find a spot for the parade about an hour beforehand, and though you could still get a nice spot, this is a fantastic parade and you should ensure a good seat!

Monday - H&V: Again, I try to get seats at Fantasmic about 1 hour - 45 minutes before the show (even with the reserved seating). This is just me, but I would try to move dinner a little earlier. Note: if you schedule an ADR right for when the parade finishes, the crowds get really really really heavy, so you should check in about 10 minutes before the end of the parade.

Tuesday - Coral Reef: If you get right in I think you would be ok. Maybe a 6:30 ADR would be better. I haven't been to CR in years, so can't comment on the food, but we LOVE R&C and always make late seating there to watch Illuminations. We get there early and request outdoor seating, but even if it isn't available you have a private viewing area so you don't have to worry about saving a spot and after the show you can continue eating your meal while the crowds exit.

Wednesday: Breakfast with the princesses, fantastic! I would avoid Cap'n Jacks at all cost unless both of these things apply: 1) You have the DDP and 2) EVERYONE in your party loves seafood - otherwise it is just not worth it because the atmosphere is really not that great. Earl of Sandwich always gets rave reviews!

Thursday sounds great!

Friday - LTT: Love this place! I believe you can order a cake as well.

Saturday - Ohanas: again great for breakfast, but I would recommend paying for a buffet OOP. Or opt for the Earl of Sandwich OOP and not a sit down meal.

Have fun and happy eating! :mickey:

crazy4disneyworld
03-26-2007, 06:23 PM
We have made our ADRs!! I would like everyone's input, especially on the questions in bold....thanks in advance :mickey:
We want to see the SpectroMagic parade at 8 and fireworks at MK at 9 pm, do you think we can make it in time?
SpectroMagic may be hard to make, especially if you want a good spot, but you'll definitely make Wishes.

Monday
Do you have the Fantasmic Dining Package? If not, I suggest you call back and change it because you will secure seats for the show with it, and I'm not sure if you'd be able to get decent seats. That is...only if you want to keep that time. You could always make it earlier (esp. this early!).

Tuesday
7 pm at Coral Reef
Again, do you think we can make Illuminations at 9 pm? Also, we have thought about changing to Rose&Crown b/c of mixed reviews of Coral Reef
You'll have no problem making the show.

Wednesday
I've never done Akershus, but I hear it's a very nice character meal. As for DTD, I can't give you my input because I haven't eaten at those places.

Friday
5:20 at LTT, we are hoping this is the first day of MNSSHP. Also DD's 8th birthday!! :party:
Saturday 15th--this day is open but we are thinking about Ohana's for breakfast.This means we would have to pay for something OOP, probably Crystal Palace breakfast.
Your daughter will probably have a great time at Liberty Tree. 'Ohana is my FAVORITE character meal at breakfast, and lunch and dinner are so good (foot-long skewers!). You can't go wrong there.

Don't worry about paying for some of it. We had free DDP last year and we had to pay for some. I'd rather use all of it and pay extra than not use it all. The DDP is too good not to use up.

I hope this helps!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-26-2007, 06:24 PM
It will be tight, especially if you want a good viewing spot. If it doesn't matter if you see the parade a little set back and over a row of heads, then no problem. You will still see everything and a lot of people prefer to do it this way than to line up one to two hours in advance for prime viewing curb space.

Monday
Do you think we can make Fantasmic at 8 p.m. or need to move our ADR time up?Yes, I would move it up if there is only one show that night. Are you on the Fantasmic package? The seating starts at around 6:30 and it starts to fill up by seven-thirty. If you're not doing a package, you may want to be lined up around seven. This hardly gives you enough time to eat, but in a not-as-crowded season, you may be able to swing it. Just safer to move the time. 5:30 or 6 would be much better.

Tuesday
7 pm at Coral Reef
Yes, you should be fine but no guarantees. Dinner at Coral Reef can run long. Service isn't fast. Our dinner there took almost four hours due to shaky service. On a good night, this should work out for you. Viewing is good all around the lagoon and you should be able to find a place to see it pretty well. A lot of people really love Coral Reef. I'm not one of them, but I recommend you try it for yourself. Unless you really don't want to risk the timing, and then Rose and Crown is a safer choice.

Wednesday - I've never done any one of them, so no comment.

Thursday - Sounds great.

Friday - Hope it's a happy birthday!

Saturday 15th-- You could pay OOP for one of the breakfasts, depending on cost. They are both ('Ohana and Crystal Palace) worth doing.

TBY2225
03-27-2007, 09:32 AM
I am not sure about the others, but i would count on at least 2 hours for Coral Reef. They were the slowest of all the TS we did last September. Yes, it was free dining time so the place was packed. We had a 7:00 ADR and didn't get out until 9:30! The food took forever to get and so did dessert. Then we waited to get the check and to "pay". We missed Illuminations on our only night at Epcot. The food was ok, but we will not be back. We are doing Rose and Crown during Illuminations this year. That way we know we will get to see it!

Disneyatic
03-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Thank you so much to everyone who has responded and their suggestions so far!
I think we are going to move up Chef Mickey's and H&V times to make sure we get to see the shows!:mickey:

Belle_0717
03-27-2007, 01:13 PM
At DTD I would recommend Wolfgang Puck Express. I felt the food was better there than at Earl of Sandwich and the portions are decent. You can eat and not get too full.

H&V is good but I have found my last few trips, there was no need to get the Dinner Package. The seats they reserve are to the right of the lagoon and we have had better luck walking in to sit at the center.

Love LTT. If it is during MNSSHP, the characters are in costume.

Will be dining at O'hana for brkft in May. I can get back to you then.

Have not been to Coral Reef or Akershus and only at Chef Mickey's for brkft.

Have a fun trip and don't forget your DD's birthday button!

tyandskyesmom
03-27-2007, 04:03 PM

This is only giving you 1 hour and 50 minutes for dinner, enjoyment, and getting out of the CR and to MK before the parade starts...that does not leave much time for finding a good seat for Spectromagic. If your kid(s) are like mine, a good seat is very important. At breakfast at Chef Mickey's there were 5 characters and the singing and dancing so I would venture a guess that we were at breakfast for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. So, unless you are strictly going to eat and run, I'd say you will probably not have time to enjoy Chef Mickey's and Spectromagic...you should be good for Wishes though.

Monday

Again, this is a buffet with a lot of food. No characters to worry about at dinner so a bit quicker than Chef Mickey's but I would say to allow yourself at least a half hour to get out of H&V and into Fantasmic...it's a long walk up there! So that is leaving you only an hour to enjoy the food and relax a little and I think that is pushing it a bit.

Tuesday
7 pm at Coral Reef

We love Coral Reef but the only time we did not have a huge wait just to get seated even with ADRs was when we went just as they opened for lunch. It is also not a quick meal. Plus, again, if you want a good viewing spot for Illuminations, you will need probably about 30-45 minutes to walk comfortably from Coral Reef to find a spot to watch the show. That is only leaving you 1 1/2 hour at most to eat and with the set up here, I don't think that is enough time.

Wednesday

We loved dinner in Norwway so I can imagine breakfast will be just as enjoyable! We have not been to Cap-n-Jacks but Earl is wonderful and very cheap for what you get!

Thursday
9:30 am Crystal Palace
This is a morning EMH so we thought we could go early hit some rides and then bkfst and start again!
Dinner 5:30pm at Whispering Canyon Cafe

Sounds great--we cannot wait to try Whispering Canyon!

Friday

We never have been to LTT but hear great things...crossing my fingers for you for the party!

Saturday 15th--this day is open but we are thinking about Ohana's for breakfast.

We have not been to Ohana either but it sounds like a fun breakfast!

This means we would have to pay for something OOP, probably Crystal Palace breakfast.

Yep, go OOP with the cheapest breakfast buffet/family style meal you schedule.

Have fun!