PDA

View Full Version : Was that Johnny Depp?

PrincessASquared
03-26-2007, 05:07 PM
My family and I were at the final Pirate and Princess party on March 8th. We heard rumors that the person playing Captn Jack Sparrow on the Pirates of the Carribean float was Johnny Depp. Can anyone confirm?:mickey:

PirateLover
03-26-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that Johnny is still in London filming Sweeney Todd, so although I can't say for sure, I highly doubt it was actually him. WDW has some really life-like impersonators though.

Carol
03-26-2007, 05:24 PM
It was not him. His daughter was seriously ill and hospitalized at the time. They suspended filming his latest movie because he reportedly never left her side. She almost died.

Jasper
03-26-2007, 05:49 PM
I agree with the other posters that is was probably not him. I was not aware of his daughter's illness but it would be unusual for him to fly to Florida just to ride on a float for one or two parades.

I would be especially surprised if it happened and Disney did not trumpet the fact to the whole world. Other than him wanting to do it just for kicks, I can't imagine why Disney would have him do it and not take full advantage of the marketing opportunity that would present.

Finally, as the other posters have also said, some of the people Disney hires to play various characters are amazingly similar to the people they are portraying.

GreenBeetle
03-26-2007, 05:51 PM
If it's the same guy who was on the Halloween float in October, he was a dead ringer!! Gorgeous!! :D

terri.m
03-26-2007, 07:19 PM
The one who played him outside of the POC attraction at WDW in sept. looked just like him too. I swear it was! :mickey:

Kim Possible
03-26-2007, 10:50 PM
some of them are fantastic! they have an amazing likeness to him!

Camping Mom
04-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Johnny Depp was there for the beginning or opening of the Pirates and Princess Parades. A friend of ours is a "character" working the parks. He stayed in the Grand Floridian, but this was before his daughter became so ill. I hear she is much better.

Our friend sent us a pic of herself standing by Jack Sparrow and holy cow, that man DID look like him....

Brer Goofy
04-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Yeah, gotta give props to Disney for casting some top-notch Jack Sparrow impersonators...the ones I saw at Disneyland in August and at WDW in February were both very convincing.