PDA

View Full Version : my friends need ya'lls help planning!

busterthebronco
03-26-2007, 04:22 PM
we have some friends going down in late april with their DDs 3&5.
they are staying at the
poly 4 nights.
they havnt been since they were kids.
i can help to a point but i have a DS 12 so im used to thinking about everest,space mountain,rock n rollercoaster,disney quest.
what are must sees for little girls?
what about the tea at GF?
little mermaid show?
bibbi boppidi boutique (sp?)
camp mickey minnie?
castle court show?
HELP!

Mickey's Pal
03-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Too many to name! LOL! My kids were that same age the last time we went and they loved pretty much everything geared towards their age...

Magic Kingdom: You can't go wrong here!!! Buzz Lightyear, the cars, TTA, the tea cups, Goofy's Rollercoaster (the 3yo wasn't wild about it, but it was right up the 5yo's alley!)... It's a Small World, Pooh, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Philharmagic show, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder (good for the 5yo), Aladin's carpet, Tiki Room, and the Jungle Cruise. Monster's Inc will be opening very soon (if it's not already) and that should be a big hit too! Don't miss the 3pm daily parade and the Wishes fireworks show. Be sure to pick a day when the Spectromagic parade of lights is happening- they'll love that too!

MGM: Little Mermaid show, Playhouse Disney, Beauty & the Beast are perfect for girls. But the Indiana Jones Show, Lights Motor Action Show, and Star Wars (for the 5yo) are neat too. Don't miss the Fantasmic! and the Stars & Motor Cars Parade at 3pm daily.

Epcot: Don't miss Crush the talking turtle (so cool) and the new Nemo ride- along with the entire Living Seas Pavilion (LOVE IT!). The little ones also might like Figment. Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth may be "too old" for them, but they can ride them still. The 5yo will love Test Track (at least mine did- it's all he talked about!).

Animal Kingdom: Safari Ride (go early when the animals are out), Lion King Show, Rafiki's Planet Watch (see the live animals), the Bird Show, It's Tough to be a Bug (might be frightening to the littlest- hold him/her), lots to do in Dino Land, and the daily parade at 4pm.

They might consider a princess character meal at Cindy's Castle or Akershus (in the World Showcase) or the Grand Floridian with Mary Poppins & Friends *they also have a "tea time" at the GF- look into that!

The kids should have a great time at the Poly pool too- so build in some relaxation time there. :mickey: And like you said, the Boutique in DD is perfect for girls.

Also encourage your friends to go to Disneyworld.com and take advantage of the FREE maps... They can "add attractions/shows/dining" to a customized map, save it and Disney will send a full-color, keepsake quality map to them free. There are maps for each of the four theme parks. COOL!!!

I hope that helps!
They are going to have a GREAT, GREAT TIME!

AuntDJ
03-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Mickey's Pal really covered alot!

I just took my 5 yr old niece..she thought the Nemo ride at Living Seas was boring, but LOVED Spaceship Earth. She was scared to death by Dinosaur, so wouldn't ride Space Mountain, but LOVED Tower of Terror and Rock N Roll Roller Coaster. Had mixed emotions about Everest. She also had NO problems on Splash and Big Thunder Mountain. As you can tell I have a very adventurous 5 yr old...If the older kids can do it, she can too! That about covers the really big rides, and the 3 yr old is probably too small for these but the 5 and mom and dad would enjoy them!

Make sure they hit Toontown Fair...it is the BEST place to get the princesses in one place. Also, we have had the castle breakfast and the Norway Princess breakfast. If asked, the 8 yr old niece like the castle breakfast the best ( I think it was the atmosphere not the food..+ it is 2 ts; however, when I take the 5 yr old for her own trip I am sure this will be included). Food wise I liked the Norway breakfast...Princess wise, I liked them both.

Also, we were VERY into the characters, so MGM is a great place to find them...We had individual one on one interaction with the Incredibles and Frozone. They are in the Animation building and I don't think many people go there. The area in front of the hat almost always has characters at it.

dj

Tinkerkel
03-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Our DD was 4 the 1st time we took her (now she's 9!). Meeting the characters, especially Minnie Mouse, was a big deal for her. She loved almost everything we did. The one thing that we learned that she didn't like was dark shows like the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I thought she would have loved it, but because it was dark, she freaked out. Her favorite ride was Goofy's Barnstormer - seriously, I think we rode it about 20 times!!! As far as meals, we did the breakfast at Hollywood & Vine (Minnie & Goofy were still there at that time), Cinderella's Royal Table & Liberty Tree. All of the meals were great & the servers & characters made her feel very special.

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
03-27-2007, 11:04 AM
The other responses have covered so much, so I will only add two more - Belle's Story time in MK and Conservation Station in AK for the petting farm and the Guitar Dan show.