PDA

View Full Version : Monster INC: Laugh Floor [Merged Threads]

delusionalstitch
03-26-2007, 03:50 PM
So this past weekend they had the Monster INC Laugh Floor open. The line was short so I thought I would give it a shot.

I do have to say the show is funny. Me being the techonut I am was impressed with the technology used in the show. They only used 1 joke supplied by the audiance (which wasnt a very goodone).

All in all I would say the Imagineers did a good job with this one. I would go check it out atleast once. :thumbsup:

pogo
03-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the tip. We are hoping to see it next month during our trip. :D

Kairi_7378
03-31-2007, 08:36 PM
Saw the Laugh Club on 3/27. It's a cute show. DH and I are engineers and appreciated the technical merit of the show. It's a must see for fans of Monsters, Inc.!

mkymws
04-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Wow what a surprise...

We were walking through the Magic Kingdom headiing to Buzz Lightyear & then dinner when I look over & the doors to the comedy club were open.

Asked the CM if it was open (because they were closed at the start of the week), and he said it was open today. Talk about a Year of a MIllion dreams gift.

When you walk into the waiting area they have TV screens telling you that you can text message a joke to while you are waiting to get in & they may use it in the show. Only problem was I think they flashed through the instructions kind of fast, cause the lady behind us was trying to do it & it took her 3 or 4 tries. I think she finally managed to do?

The show was good...as you are waiting for the show to start up they are showing pictures of the audience with funny captions under their picture.

Then throughout the show the different monsters are interacting with the guest and talking to them (Just like Crush). I don't know if they can't see near the front or the back of the theatre, but they seamed to focus on the middle of the audience.

I would go & see it again...it was funny.

enjoy

tim

bradk
04-02-2007, 11:59 AM
they can see the entire audience, the cameras are very high up. i'm not aware of any safe zone yet.

GrumpyFan
04-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the review. I'm looking forward to catching this on our next trip.

kadesha
04-02-2007, 12:20 PM
so glad to hear a good review on this! :D Most of the others have not been so promising!

Zippy_D_DooDah
04-02-2007, 12:23 PM
I got a chance to sit in on a techinical rehearsal back in February. I thought it was fun. I know some people on here have blasted it, but I would definitely do it again. I was "That Guy" during the performance... the one they kept putting up on screen for all of their comedy call backs. They got me good. We even took a survey at the end and spoke with some of the Imagineers in charge. One of the suggestions we made was to bring in some live Monsters to walk or run down the aisles at some point during the show kind of like Sweetums does at Muppet Vision. Anyone know if that idea made the cut?

They showed some great footage of it during the Travel Channel show last night. C'mon! You know you watched it. It totally got me fired up. I'm on the internet right now planning my next trip. I am going to hold off booking until the Dining Plan announcement.

PETE FROM NYC
04-02-2007, 01:19 PM
We saw it on 3/17.It was not open earlier that week.We just happened to be going by when we saw it open and people walking in.
I think that DW and I would have enjoyed it more if we had seen the film but we did not see it yet.But we did enjoy what we did see.
Did you see me there?
I was the guy in the funny hat.

DakotaDisney
01-22-2009, 07:13 PM
One of the suggestions we made was to bring in some live Monsters to walk or run down the aisles at some point during the show kind of like Sweetums does at Muppet Vision. Anyone know if that idea made the cut?

It didn't make the cut, but I think that is a neat idea!

I love this show. Yes, its corny, but what humor that is made for kids and family at Disney isn't. It is somewhat repeative, but the audience makes it different and I think different CM's make it different as well.

I went to the show about 4 times over 3 days on my last trip and I got picked to be on camera and picked on 3 different times by what seemed like different CMs. It was fun. I must look or act goofy I guess. I was the guy who was going to treat everyone to churros after the show, next I was asked questions and she made up a song about my answers and the 3rd time I was the guy who couldn't stop dancing. The dancing was the funniest one, they kept coming back to me throughout the show about 3 times.

Altair
01-22-2009, 08:07 PM
I think the quality of this show depends on the humans they pick on. The monster asked one young girl what she wanted to be when she grew up and she says "an OBGYN". The look on the monsters face was priceless and then he says, "I can't even spell that.":mickey::thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-23-2009, 09:42 AM
We saw it Dec. 21st and thought it was really cute....I loved the "that guy" gag....

mrmcgiv
01-23-2009, 06:00 PM
We really liked it!!!!!

mom2morgan
01-24-2009, 10:23 PM
I enjoyed it. My daughter got a kick out of being on screen ("sitting between two monsters"...)

tiggerandpooh63
01-25-2009, 02:15 PM
We just returned and loved the show! Just wish they sold Monsters Inc themed shirts etc. - we looked everywhere for a Wazowski item of any kind but they amazingly didn't have anything at any store on the property. seems like missed opportunity.

badkitty
01-25-2009, 08:40 PM
The Toy Story kiosk to the right of the TTA entrance (facing COP) has Wazowski t-shirts. (A big giant eye.) Very cute. They do tend to sell out of many of the sizes.

Pagan
01-26-2009, 12:44 PM
I've seen it 4 times...and EACH time, thanks to the way I look, I was shown on screen and had to be Sully for the show.

The rest of the day people who were at the same show would call me Sully when they saw me. :D

Imagineer1981
01-26-2009, 02:35 PM
I was hugely disappointed with this attraction as far as being a repeat attraction. While similar to Turtle Talk, MILF is much less fluid in that most jokes are the same and it really isn't as interactive as TT. The randomness of TT is what makes it a winner in my opinion