PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Park/Resort Performers

BellewanaB
03-26-2007, 03:00 PM
I am a sucker for the non-ride entertainment in the WDW Resort. I would love to hear what other people love to watch when their down on vacation. (bands not included-we'll do another thread with bands!)

Epcot- TOUGH to choose but I'm all about the Kristos! I've ridden the CM bus with them a couple of times and they are SO nice. I hope when I'm a mom of two grown boys I can look like her! They've also brought over a girl from Bulgaria to suppliment the act- holy Cirque du Soleil!
http://www.magic-star.com/kristos.htm

Studios- ANY of the period improv actors out on the street

Animal Kingdom- The guys who do acrobatics and jump rope in leopard print pants! (so sorry, forget their name!)
(I miss Tarzan Rocks- Jane had the most incredibily jacked arms!)

Magic Kingdom- Hello? Did you read my screen name? Storytime with Belle! I LOVE all the dads that get chosen to be the Beast and I think they've chosen some WONDERFUL Belle performers! (wish I could say the same for some of the other Belle's in the park)

However, the piano player at Casey's with the coke bottle glasses (sorry, I forget your name!) is a VERY close second. I admire that he plays The Entertainer like it's the first time everytime!

Resorts- Boardwalk- Carlos the Sword Swallower! Hung out with him A LOT during the college program. His wife is a sword swallower, too. (what the heck must dinner parties be like over there?)

darthmacho
03-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Mariachi Cobre at Mexico in Epcot and DeVine in Animal Kingdom are my favorite performers.

bradk
03-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Kristos is long gone, no? some sort of legal problems there...

MK: Storytime with Belle, Dapper Dans

DAK: DiVine, the acrobats, Wes Palm and, sue me, I like the Pocahontas & friends show

MGM: the streetmosphere guys, notably Bucky Greenhorn who offers free fake celebrity autographs and the officers.

EP: Red Dragon Acrobats, Sergio, Le Serveur Amusant, Miyuki

prttynpnk
03-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Do the living statues still perform in Italy? They are my favorite.

bradk
03-26-2007, 04:59 PM
nope.. they've been gone for years

BellewanaB
03-26-2007, 08:29 PM
What!?!

I spoke with the Kristos last September...They're gone now!?!

Legal Problems? do tell...

Yeah, I loved the live statues in Italy as well.

bradk
03-26-2007, 08:40 PM
http://www.news4jax.com/news/9829660/detail.html

there's another article from the orlando sentinel which gets into it more but i can't seem to directly locate it. if you google epcot and ivanov though, you'll find a post quoting the article text

ultimately, kristo ivanov pleaded guilty to smuggling and was forced to forefeit $600,000 he reportedly received for his services.

joelkfla
03-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Yes, the piano player at Casey's is very good, and he likes to talk.

But my favorite, although they're not a named group, are the dancers in the Trolley Parade.

dteed
03-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Bob, the piano player at Port Orleans Riverside is a must see. Piano player / Comedian plays most nights at the bar in the POR. I love his show and have travled there just to see him. Even took a pic with him thi Christmas season and he gave me a CD. Go see him, make it a point to do so.

Marilyn Michetti
03-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Rosie at the Studios is my absolute favorite.

Do the Jamminators at Epcot count as a band? I LOVE them. If I can't claim them here, I'll go with the Voices of Liberty.

MK - it has to be the barbershop quartet .

AK - Hmmmmmmmm Can't think of anything right now.:thumbsup:

CaptSmee
03-27-2007, 02:13 AM
MK: Dapper Dan's & piano player at Casey's. Also, Jack's pirate tutorial is lots of fun!

AK: The drummers in Africa

Epcot: Voices of Liberty, British Invasion, World Showcase Players, and Mo'Rockin.

MGM: Mulch, Sweat, and Shears and Four for a Dollar!:thumbsup:

ldn324
03-27-2007, 11:51 AM
I love Mo-Rockin' , the Chinese acrobats and...my absolute #1 favorite....the British Invasion :joy: ! I'm a huge Beatles fan...can you tell? :blush:

caryrae
03-27-2007, 11:57 AM
I get a kick out "Push" the talking trash can at the MK.
I also liked the man from China or Japan I think who made little figures out of some kind of melted sugar mixture and give then to people in the crowd. It looked like blown glass. He did other things but I remember that the most. Is he still there?

DeFester
03-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Art, the door greeter at the Beach Club Resort is a great guy

been a staple there for years

4ubie1
03-27-2007, 03:41 PM
I think the one that stands out in my mind is OffKilter over in EPCOT. They play awesome music and totally have fun doing it too. Some of their onstage antics are hilarious :laughing: I recommend catching them once if you can:thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
03-27-2007, 05:22 PM
I was fascinated by Bubble Nicholas in Epcot. He was there our first year in 1998, he walked around in a huge bubble:thumbsup: I also loved the living statues:(

dolphinmickey9170
03-27-2007, 09:11 PM
As Timon would say...."The Tumble Monkeeeeeeeys." Love them. They are so awesome!!

Steeldrummers at EPCOT......

DisneyLove
03-28-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm a huge fan of the streetmosphere in MK and MGM (particularly Scoop and the Dapper Dans at MK, and Ms. Fannie O'rear at MGM).

I do miss tarzan rocks, and I like the World Showcase Players in United Kingdom. Also like the Dragon Legend Acrobats...

TheAdventurer
03-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Obviosuly I love the performers at The Adventurers Club!! I go there almost every night when I'm in Disney World.

I also love Off Kilter, and the often-overlooked Spelmann's Geldje (Norway performers).

If I had to pick one I hate, it's the World Showcase Players in Italy. They're great in the UK, but in Italy...I know Romeo & Juliet is set in Verona, but actors with English accents doing a comedy version of a play by an Englishman doesn't enhace the feeling of being in a piazza in Italy, it ruins it :mad: . I always have to plan my World Showcase visits so I'm in Italy when they aren't (I wish they'd bring back Masquerade...)

FutureCorpsFan
03-29-2007, 01:47 PM
EPCOT - Future Corps (eh, see my screen name?), Jamminators, Off Kilter, Walt Disney Pyrotechnics, Voices of Liberty

MK - The Main Street USA Marching Band, and the jazz band

AKL - The drummers (did I mention I'm one), anybody puking getting off of Primal Whirl

Studios - any Jedi walking down Hollywood during the Star Wars weekends

Resorts - the regge band at CBR on the weekends, the guys at Jelly Rolls