PDA

View Full Version : If You Had Wings Video

Boost
03-26-2007, 02:56 PM
For those of us who remember "If You Had Wings" as kids....

http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/iyhwrt1985sml.wmv

Pretty cool in its own right. My family was just on Buzz yesterday and no matter how much we enjoy Buzz, I always am reminded that this used to be IYHW and I remember it fondly.

Enjoy...

WEDTOPIA
03-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Oh man , that was cool . If You Had Wings will always be one of my favorite rides . Love the expanding fish and traffic cop. Especially loved the classic " speed room " and the famous mirrored room at the end.

Long live If You Had Wings !

:mickey:

CaptSmee
03-27-2007, 02:05 AM
I still remember this attraction from my youth. This and 20,000 Leagues, but I liked If You Had Wings much better!

Disneywarrior
03-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Great! Thanks for sharing!

smartinez1
03-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Wow, thanks for sharing. I miss that ride alot!!

mttafire
03-27-2007, 01:49 PM
I miss that one!! Thanks for the video.:mickey:

ToraTory
03-27-2007, 02:14 PM
:mickey: Thank you so much for posting that, it absolutely made my day. Oh course now that song will be happily in my head all day.... if you had wings... had wings... had wings :cloud9:

dmallan
03-27-2007, 03:21 PM
And one of the best things about it was it didn't cost a ticket!
I remember riding it over and over again!

I believe that If you had wings, Carousel of Progress and Circle Vision 360 were the three in tomorrowland that were free attractions.

Great memories!!

You DO have wings...you CAN do all these things!

dumbodoughboy
03-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks for posting that video! My sister and I must have drove our parents insane with that ride! I remember going on it at least 6 or more times, and singing that song too! Don't know what it was about that ride, but we loved it!

Jerry2
03-28-2007, 09:46 AM
And one of the best things about it was it didn't cost a ticket!
I remember riding it over and over again!

I believe that If you had wings, Carousel of Progress and Circle Vision 360 were the three in tomorrowland that were free attractions.

Great memories!!

You DO have wings...you CAN do all these things!

You are right dmallan,:thumbsup: they were free! On our first family trip in 1976 I was the oldest child and the keeper of the tickets. It was great finding a free ride!:joy:

4ubie1
03-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Thank You sooo much for sharing that with us. :D I never got to experience that ride but I got the general gist of it. I especially like the traffic cop;) Too bad Disney is starting to replace many of the "gentle ride through" attractions. You know the ones that don't require thrills to enjoy. I hope they bring back some of them.:mickey:

Laughin' place
03-28-2007, 02:25 PM
I love the "lost rides", and a chance to remember them with others. Thanks for the post to the video, I am excited to add it to my collection.
For those of you who arent already aware, go to "you tube" on the net, and search "disney rides". You will be able to re-live 20000 Leagues and many others via home movies, etc.:thanks:

mickeys_princess_mom
03-28-2007, 07:57 PM
How cool! My DH used to really love this one! Thanks!:wave: