PDA

View Full Version : Switch to BWV - 1 BR

Barb_A
03-26-2007, 02:40 PM
I know ... i'm certifiable .... JUST got my waitlist for the BCV studio .... and now today i switched to BWV - 1 BR. With the boys getting older, i think it would be better to have more room - and BCV didn't have any 1 BR available during our time frame.

This will be our first time at BWV ... we've always stayed at either Contemporary or BCV ... so *hopefully* everyone will like this DVC property. We were given a "preferred" view ... is there anything special that we should request? (Other than non-smoking!)

So .. we'll be at Universal/Royal Pacific for October 6 - 7, then BWV Oct 8 - 15. Lots of ADR planning now and figure out if the DDP is a good thing for us to do!

wendy*darling
03-26-2007, 03:34 PM
If this is your first stay in a 1bedroom, let me tell you- you will never want to stay in a studio again! :thumbsup: You will get so spoiled having all that room. And having the washer/dryer right in the room is a huge benefit too. We pack so much less now, and I throw in a load in the morning when we leave and another at night while we sleep.

We love the BW. Great location. Only a few more steps away from Epcot than the BCV- you won't even notice.
We think the hustle/bustle of the Boardwalk activity at night is terrific- and we keep the patio doors open while we sleep. The noise all dies down not too much after midnight. With the doors closed, you won't even hear it.

My boys have always liked the quiet pools better than the main pools (with the exception of SAB ;)).
BWV's quiet pool is very nice.

Great location. Good choice. :mickey:
Now you can relax and plan your meals.
(I would go with the DDP- it's a great deal for us)

pox24
03-26-2007, 03:49 PM
You're gonna love it. The room will probably be facing the Beach Club between the courtyard and the Dance Hall. We love the tub pass thru to the bedroom. Have a great time.

Maleficent's Dad
03-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Preferred View is not a Boardwalk View. You will most likely face the river leading to MGM or one of the pools. Good view regardless! :thumbsup:

The 1BR's are really great - as Wendy*Darling stated, that washer/dryer is a lifesaver!!! You will forever feel cramped in regular accomodations or studios from here on out...

Do take advantage of the Community Hall by the quiet pool. They offer some feebies for kids (like craft projects) as well as free DVD rentals, board games, video games in the center, etc... They also have (free rental for DVC members) things like noodles and other pool items.

Love the BW - love the 1 BR. Hope you have a great time! :mickey:

Barb_A
03-26-2007, 08:18 PM
We've only stayed in the studios before ... i'm looking forward to the jacuzzi! And the bedroom ... and the DVD ... and ..... <grinning>

Thanks for the head's up re: the community hall and the free DVC member rentals of pool stuff .... the boys will miss SAB, I think ... but if it gets too bad, I may have to 'console' them with a trip to Typhoon lagoon or Blizard beach while we're there! <grinning>

They told us how much it would be for the DDP ... we always made a lot of PS before .. i'll plan it out and see how much it would cost otherwise!