PDA

View Full Version : Over and Over and Over

just2mickey
03-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Which ride have you ridden over and over? How many times in a row? Mine would be Space Mountain X 6. We did this with daughter (who was 6 at the time). She loved it. It was when E-nights were in effect.

Marilyn Michetti
03-26-2007, 02:47 PM
I THINK the only ride I did back to back was Space Mtn. Three times in a row one night - the last time with three college boys who probably thought they were going to have to CPR on this old lady.

We DO have a ritual of going to EPCOT first day, which is always Sun. and our first ride is Spaceship Earth.

This last trip, we got on Universe of Energy - we hadn't been on that in YEARS!!! I just wasn't remembering it as fun. That's going to get another go around this Dec. I can hardly wait.:thumbsup:

Tick-Tock
03-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Once we rode Kali five times in a row. The last couple of times, we didn't even have to get off -- they just let us go around again (it just before closing time and there was no line).

We've also ridden TTA three times in a row.

mttafire
03-26-2007, 04:38 PM
In 2004 We did both Space and Splash 5 times in a row!!!! There was no line!!The CM's were letting people that wanted to go over and over stay on. After the 5th time we got off and decided to go one more time...No line at all!!:mickey:

heart4princephillip
03-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Tower of Terror! Love it. It's been 5 years now, so I don't remember how many times, just remember we couldn't get enough.

SAnderson70769
03-26-2007, 05:27 PM
I went in 2003 the first week of december and had two awesome experiences!

First we went to MVMCP and in Frontierland my wife and i looked around and were like 2 of 10 people back there! we rode BTMRR like 8 times in a row - no one was waiting in line so they let us just stay seated and keep riding over and over and over! Love that ride at night!

Second, same trip MGM had VERY light crowd and we kept going on TOT over and over again - the whole walkway through the hotel grounds and inside the boiler room was empty and you could race from the exit to the front of the ride again over and over again - I think we rode over 10 times!

Never see crowds that light again!

CraniumCommando
03-26-2007, 06:13 PM
In 1993, my sister and I rode the Maelstrom 10 times in a row. Everyone else was getting a good seat for Illuminations. We would run from exit to start saying "You are not the first to pass this way".

After a while the CMs must have thought we were nuts.

hoop de do
03-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. My son and I rode it 7 times in a row. That's been a while back though. :coaster:

Speedy1998
03-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Did BTM over and over one very cold Spring break night in 86. We rode at least 10 times, the park was almost empty.

BelleBeauty
03-26-2007, 06:28 PM
The one I ride the most is HM - we've been going a lot in the summer so the cool, dark interior is always very nice! We don't usually ride it over and over, but ride it 5-6 times in one day.

The last trip, we went between Splash Mountain and Space Mountain riding each about 3 times. We kept picking up fast passes and heading across the park. It was our last day and our last rides - a great way to end the trip!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-26-2007, 06:50 PM
We did Splash Mountain 4 times in a row last trip. There were no lines so we just kept getting on.

Back in 2002 we rode the Kali River Rapids 6 times in a row. There was no line, it was about 4:45pm and the group on with us also wanted to stay on. The CM just kept letting us go on. I will never forget it because my son was 3.5 at the time and when he stood up his shorts and underwear just fell to the ground they were so wet. He laughed the whole time. :mickey:

pook@wdw
03-26-2007, 07:36 PM
As "Family Of The Day" @ Epcot, we once were able to ride TT 3 times ina row before anyone else got on. And between fastpass, rider switch and single rider option, I once did RRC 4 times in a row!:woohoo:

MinnieMommie
03-26-2007, 08:07 PM
I don't remember how many times but DH and I frequently are repeat riders on BTMR. One time our family did this on Kali with some really nice people from Japan. Again I don't remember how many times but one by one people in our raft stopped repeating their turn. I was the last to stop and was SOAKING wet (I mean like dripping). As people got off one by one they stayed to watch those of us who stayed on. For whatever reason the CMs did not make us disembark but let us stay on as long as we wanted. It is a really fun memory. :mickey:

Darbylew
03-26-2007, 08:20 PM
We love the ride in Norway - Maelstrom - we
have rode it a number of times over and over.
Also Pirates of the Caribbean ride at MK. Gosh,
there are so many rides that we would love to
ride over and over. Way to many to mention.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK
MAY 29! :D :mickey:

jedigrrrl
03-26-2007, 08:20 PM
last month in MGM, we won a dream hour and I rode ToT 6 times in 30 minutes.

Many years ago, when they first opened test track and the single rider line was up some stairs and behind some potted plants, my cousins and I rode it like 10 times while our parents waited in the standby line so they could ride "together"
LOL

LudwigVonDrake
03-26-2007, 08:29 PM
When they doing soft openings, I rode Mission: Space six times in a row. By the last time, my legs were a little weak :dizzy:

dteed
03-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Big Thunder Mountain four times without leaving our seats. Of course this was back when you got to pay $35 per person to have the park t yourselves for a few hours a night. Please bring back the e-ride nights.

joelkfla
03-26-2007, 08:38 PM
TOT for me, too. I can't remember how many times --- probably about 4 or 5. They had recently installed the randomizer program, and I wanted to see how different the ride profiles were.

I always do TOT at least twice when there's no line (unless I'm feeling a bit queasy for some reason.)

ADevereaux
03-26-2007, 08:46 PM
My daughter and I rode POTC 12x in two days. :cool:

Tinkerfreak
03-27-2007, 09:49 AM
My family rode Spaceship Earth over and over again one time . It was around Halloween in 2003 so it was not as crowded as it is now and it was a little hot outside for us. We are from Maine so the 85 degree temp was wearing us out so we rode SE to relax and cool off. We just kept getting off and then running back to the entrance and getting right back on. Oh how we long for those days again when there actually was a time when the parks were not crowded.

DisneyGRL7
03-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Once we rode Kali five times in a row. The last couple of times, we didn't even have to get off -- they just let us go around again

Same here! Other than that, I think 2 is the most times I've done a ride in a row, specifically Splash and Space Mtns.

AdventurerKim
03-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Buzz Lightyear five times in a row! :mickey:

4ubie1
03-27-2007, 03:30 PM
TTA is one where they just let us stay on. I think we went round about 3x. I know me and my sis went on Space Mt. a couple times in a row. :coaster: There are plenty out there that i would love to be able to just keep going round and round on but i am willing to wait my turn:D

Jerry2
03-27-2007, 03:40 PM
I know this isn’t a thrill ride but at the MVMCP one year they let us stay on the Barnstormer for as long as we wanted without getting off. My son was about 8 years old do he loved it. My wife got off after the 2nd or 3rd ride. but I rode it with him about 7 or 8 more times. We sat in the middle seats so if anyone wanted the first or last care we weren’t hogging them, and they let us stay in our seats. Most times there were people in only 2 or 3 other cars, but a few times we were on it alone.

Jeff G
03-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Buzz. No line, we did it six times in under an hour trying to get the 999,999 score.

MomofKatie
03-27-2007, 05:53 PM
We like to do Buzz a few times in a row, too. Usually, whoever gets the high score the first time around has to defend their "crown" the next few rides.

jedigrrrl
03-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Big Thunder Mountain four times without leaving our seats. Of course this was back when you got to pay $35 per person to have the park t yourselves for a few hours a night. Please bring back the e-ride nights.

I remember it being only like $13-15! It was a bargain!

mrsgaribaldi
03-27-2007, 06:00 PM
We did ToT 3 times in a row on our last trip and EE 3 in a row when they were having a preview Feb 2006:thumbsup:

battle beast
03-27-2007, 11:44 PM
I did Buzz Lightyear's astro Blasters (DL) AT LEAST 6 times in arow, and AT LEAST 13 times in that same day.

I did Splsh Mountain (WDW) 5 times in a row, during EMH.

slt21
03-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Heehee...I've done these quite a few times...

I went to Disney with two good friends last year, and we rode Space Mountain three times in a row (partially so we could each have the 'experience' of each seat). The really cool part was that this was in mid-July and we never spent more than 20 minutes in line each time (it was still daytime, too - about 4pm).

My mom and I used to ride TTA several times in a row. We went all the time when I was a kid, so we were never in a rush to get anywhere. We'd just ride around and enjoy the breeze and the views.

When I was about 12, I went on the Mad Tea Party five times in a row. I didn't feel too good for awhile afterward, lol!

bucky at disney
03-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Just this past November during MVMCP - we rode BTMRR over and over and over...there was no lines and we got to pick where we wanted to sit - and then we didn't have to get off at all. I can't even remember how many times - but it was a lot!

Jared
03-28-2007, 10:56 AM
I can't believe some of these stories! The only attraction I've ridden twice in a row is Tomorrowland Transit Authority!

Disney_Barbie
03-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Ooo, funny I thought I was the only one crazy enough do to stuff like that! My record is ToT and I rode it 20 times one day!
It was durning slow season so the lines were totally bearable (probably only like 20ish mins at the most) My goal was to ride it 13 times cause I thought that would be cool. Anyway I reached 13 and still had some time to kill before I was suppost to meet up w/ my family in Epcot so I went on a couple of more times. At about 15-17-ish rides the CMs realized what I was up to and encouraged my craziness by letting me cut the lines a couple of times as soon as I would get out of my elevator, they would take me up that elevator for baby swap people or for people who chicken out, right back to the boiler room and load me into an other elevator again it was awsome, I felt like I must have been a celebrity!!!
Ooo, yea, and this past Aug on our honeymoon while we were on BTM some killer rain started up (but no lighting so they kept it running) most people didn't want to ride it and get wet but we were already soaked from the first ride so they let us stay right in our seats and ride it over and over again. It was probably only about 5 or 6 times but since it had been crowded for most of our visit staying on a ride many times in a row was like a miracle! However we did have to call it quits and head back to the hotel after that cause we were soaked!!!

WDW_Obsessed
03-28-2007, 12:52 PM
I think my record was six times on Expedition Everest this past August. It was our first experience with the ride that is now my favorite!:mickey: I must admit though, that it was 3X back to back and then 3X later in the evening. My equilirium needed a little break :blush: and some Pizzafari!

c&d
03-28-2007, 01:00 PM
We did Splash Mtn 5 times in a row, the last 3 we never got out of our log. It was way back during the E-ride nights.

Laughin' place
03-28-2007, 02:05 PM
When the late night "E ticket" pass first came out, there were nights we'd go three or four times each on favs like SM (you probably can guess Im a fan of Brer Rabbit and friends), HM, etc.
My favorite multiple ride memory, tho, was when my youngest (now 10) was about 3 or 4. He LOVED Rio del Tiempo in Mexico at WS. We rode that 4 times straight that night, til he finally drifted off to dreams of more Disney fun.:sleepin:

mickeys_princess_mom
03-28-2007, 08:05 PM
TTA is a regular at naptime :sleepin:, and I've been known to cruise through Small World and Peter Pan a ridiculous number of times given the opportunity..:blush:

DisneyMP3Maker
03-28-2007, 08:39 PM
One night when Spectromagic was going on, I got ride Splash Mountain 3 times in a row. We were drenched by the time we got off of it. TTA is another that I like to ride a few times in a row, especially when it's hot out, it's a nice ride to just sit back, put your feet up and relax. I've also done JII two times in a row.

MrPeetrie
03-28-2007, 09:45 PM
On an E-night, my DW and I rode BTMRR five or six times in row without any wait. It was incredible. As soon as we'd get off, we'd get right back in line and catch the next train. After it was done, it was on the Pecos Bill's for some burgers. What a great night!!!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mickeys_princess
03-28-2007, 10:43 PM
The first time I did Everest I did 4 times. We one did Kali 6 in a row without getting off, once you get soaked the first time what do you have to lose? :shrug:

celestesmommie
03-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Oh How I miss E Pass Nights!:(

pook@wdw
03-30-2007, 05:14 PM
RRC x 4 :coaster:
Test Rack x 3 :car:
EE x 4 :sulley:

SpecJoe Magic
03-31-2007, 04:01 AM
I typically don't ride anything over and over in recent years with the exception of riding Everest 4 times last summer, but there were other attractions that we did in between the 2nd and 3rd times. Prior to that, I seem to remember riding Splash Mountain 5 times in a row many years ago because it had a short wait, and I think I've ridden Tower of Terror 3 times in a row before. However, I cannot be absolutely certain about any of these claims. My mind sometimes plays tricks on me. :D

joonyer
03-31-2007, 05:20 PM
We love to ride Splash Mountain over and over, and we usually get to do it when we get in line right before the eveing aprde and fireworks. Sometimes you can ride several times without exiting the logs. It's really a fanbatstic ride at night, with the fireworks :fworks: going off overhead it's a truly magical experience. :magic:

disneyfan1124
03-31-2007, 07:02 PM
Funny, I never really thought about it until now, but it seems we do things in 3's...

space mountain
spaceship earth
great movie ride
peter pan
snow white
soarin'

Dopey's Girl
03-31-2007, 09:12 PM
Last October, I got to ride EE 7 times...once we waited in the standby line, the other 6 times were in the single rider line! I really love that option, and wish more rides had them!

battle beast
04-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters (DLR). 13 times in one day!

Splash Mountain (WDW) 5x in a row!

Space Mountain (DLR) 2x IN A ROW, NEVER GETTING OUT OF THE CART!:D

Mickey's Pal
04-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Which ride have you ridden over and over? How many times in a row? Mine would be Space Mountain X 6. We did this with daughter (who was 6 at the time). She loved it. It was when E-nights were in effect.

Thanks for asking! This brought back a WONDERFUL memory with my husband and kiddos on our trip for Mother's Day 2004. It was during a time when Disney was testing the evening EMH's. It was awesome! They had a park open every night of the week til midnight (except AK of course). Anyway, one of those nights we rode Goofy's Rollercoaster 8 times in a row 'cause the park was so empty. My middle son was 5 1/2 at the time and thought that was the BEST THING EVER! :mickey:

mickey001
04-03-2007, 08:39 PM
i was wondering what your longest record for an attraction is for how many times you went on it in a row...... mine are

1.jungle cruise 6 times
2.haunted mansion i think 4 or 5
3.space mountain 4

it's kind of like a competition if you catch my drift......

BrerSchultzy
04-04-2007, 09:47 AM
In 1996, I went down for spring break with a bunch of my friends, and the ToT operator fell madly in love with one of the girls in our group. We kept getting bumped up to the front of the line as this guys VIP guest (not that it was all that busy anyway...it was the first week of March)...we rode ToT 9 times in a row, never waiting more than 5 minutes (and making different poses for each picture). I just remember everyone thanking her for not befriending the guy who operates Voyage of the Little Mermaid or IASW.

But my absolute FAVORITE "back to back" story is from 2005, when my dad and I decided to head to the AK in the morning...it was some time in June, and a hurricane was teasing the coast of Florida, and some of the gales started to come through AS WE GOT ON KALI. So, after our first trip through Kali in 40 mph winds and buckets full of rain, the ride operator asked if we wanted to stay, since there was nobody in line (obviously)...nobody in our boat got out, and we all stayed on. By the end of the second trip, the rain had stopped, and the sun was shining. Nothin' like it.

Roo Girl
04-04-2007, 03:29 PM
TTA...no question.:mickey:

dumbo ears
04-04-2007, 11:53 PM
my friend and i rode btmrr 5 times in one day and 4 times in a row at night. the wait was only like 20 minutes and at night thunder mountain is so much better so we just kept riding and riding

Kristi Kay
04-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I've been know to do RR and ToT over and over, but most often when I lived there I would get off work and head over the MK to ride the TTA around and around and around....I would watch the fireworks on it and just chill....it was fantastic!

mjaclyn
04-05-2007, 01:49 PM
DH and I rode Expedition Everest 10 times in one day during the AP Preview.

During the AP Preview for Mission: Space we rode that at least six times in a row :ill: .

Rides that I normally LOVE to go on more than once:

Peter Pan's Flight
Mickey's Philharmagic
Splash Mountain
Pirates

brad192
04-05-2007, 04:37 PM
In '04 I rode M:S 4 times in a row. Would've been more, but after the 4ht trip to Mars, my body said "ENOUGH"! Wasn't sick or nauseous, just a bit worn out!:D

Oooooh! I remeber a few years back, a radio station in LA had some sort of contest among it's morning show hosts where the losers had to endure "punishments" for not winning. One of the "punishments" was to ride IASW at DL for 4 hours nonstop!:crazy: If that didn't drive somebody insane, nothing would!