PDA

View Full Version : AK - What should we do?

cinderella crazy
03-26-2007, 02:29 PM
We haven't been to AK since E:E opened. So we were wondering what should we do. We want to either hit Safari first or E:E. So should we:

Fastpass E:E and ride Safari first
OR
Fastpass Safari and ride E:E first

It's so confusing since they're on opposite ends of the park.

Thanks for the input!

JPL
03-26-2007, 02:39 PM
I would FP Everest and walk over and ride the Safari. After the Safari you can walk Pangani Trail and then Maharajah Jungle trek on your way back over to Everest :thumbsup:

The animals are often more active early in the day and like all caosters Everest gets better as the day goes on. The more the track is warmed up the Faster the trains move.

MickeysBestPal
03-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Arrive at the gates 30 minutes before opening.

Go directly to EE and ride it + get a FP for later.

Then go to Safari.

Yes, the animals are active in the morning, but not JUST in the first hour of the day.

delusionalstitch
03-26-2007, 04:01 PM
I would FP E:E first then go over to the sarfi. Everytime I have been to AK E:E has had a 70+ minute wait.

However if you have people in your party who do not do thrill rides (like me) you can get threw the single rider line in about 20 minutes.

MickeysBestPal
03-26-2007, 04:49 PM
I would FP E:E first then go over to the sarfi. Everytime I have been to AK E:E has had a 70+ minute wait.

However if you have people in your party who do not do thrill rides (like me) you can get threw the single rider line in about 20 minutes.

A 70+ minute wait?

WHEN do you arrive?

pook@wdw
03-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Arrive at the gates 30 minutes before opening.

Go directly to EE and ride it + get a FP for later.

Then go to Safari.

Yes, the animals are active in the morning, but not JUST in the first hour of the day.

I say...get FP for EE, ride it twice, skip Safari, and ride EE again before you leave!:yay:

CaptSmee
03-27-2007, 02:09 AM
A 70+ minute wait?

WHEN do you arrive?

Since it's opened we've been 3 times (May, Oct, Jan) and we always arrive at Animal Kingdom early and we've seen waits from 20 minutes to 120 minutes. We've gotten a fastpass, gotten in line and ridden twice during the day each time and it works out great!

Marilyn Michetti
03-27-2007, 07:43 AM
It looks like you're going in Sept. It's still rather warm, and the best time to see the animals on Safari is first thing. When the morning warms the animals start going to sleep.

You're in the "grey" area, between hot and not so hot, so you should be fine whatever you decide.

FYI Do the singles line for EE - it's much faster.:thumbsup:

TIdoubleGR
03-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Isn't it a great question to have, deciding where to go first? :cloud9: :D

I would agree MickeysBestPal and say the ideal situation is to ride E:E and grab fastpasses for it later in the day, then run over to the Safari, but if you don't end up making it over to E:E first thing when the ropes drop then grab fastpasses for it on your way around to the safari and ride it first. All depends on how early you can get there and what the crowds are like the day you go.

Whatever you do, have fun!

cinderella crazy
03-27-2007, 12:58 PM
I say...get FP for EE, ride it twice, skip Safari, and ride EE again before you leave!:yay:

:laughing: :D :thumbsup:

I would love to do that. However, we have a son who would be very unhappy if we didn't at least go on safari once. And since we're only going to AK one day we need to go to safari on that day. But to ride E:E 3 times .....:cloud9: