PDA

View Full Version : Main St. Family Fun Day Parade

homeschool mom
03-26-2007, 02:05 PM
What exactly is this? Where does it start? Is it "worth" our time?

Figment!
03-26-2007, 02:22 PM
From the Walt Disney World Shows & Entertainment Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/entertainment.asp)
Main Street Family Fun Day Parade
Description: Parade your red, white and blue spirit down the heart of Main Street, U.S.A. as you join the celebration.
Duration: 15 Minutes
Typical Number of Showings: Three Times Daily
Typical Showing Time Periods: Three showings between 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm

It starts in the hub and Guests parade down Main Street with Disney Characters to Town Square.

If you like characters and/or being in a parade it would likely be worth your time.

mudpuppysmom
03-27-2007, 02:45 PM
DS and I were wandering through the hub area on our last day. A YOAMD CM approached us and asked if we wanted to participate. We were chosen to be one of the flag wavers.....and it was pretty fun to walk down Main St. waving and smiling at everyone on the sidewalk and then outside City Hall we stopped and did a little "dance" number while spectators watched......then we were done!

It was pretty fun to be in the parade, so I can imagine it is pretty fun to watch people come down the street smiling and having a super time being "center stage"!!! DS thought he was a new Disney "character"!!!!

Christine
03-27-2007, 03:06 PM
We saw it while passing through MK in November and again in March. We have never tried to be in it. I thought there would be a RUSH of guests trying to be in it,but not at all. In fact, we saw CM's asking people and they would say no.

Other guests didn't seem to pay any attention to it either. I guess tourists are not interested in watching a parade of tourists! :blush:

Cute idea, not my cup of tea. Would probably be a huge thing for a pre-schooler!