PDA

View Full Version : 3/17 - 3/22 trip report

the real Alice
03-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Cast: me 27
DH 29
mom 52
dad 58

We had a near perfect trip. The weather & crowds were great. We had all been before but this was the first time for all of us to stay on the property. We stayed at the Pop Centurty and have no complaints. It was perfectly fine for the mininal time we spent in the room. We were in the 90's building and i'd heard there was a long hike from there to the bus stop, but we didn't find it far at all. Magical express and the bus service was great - no complaints.

Day 1 MK & O'Hana We arrived at noon so we didn't do a whole lot. We got in to see the new Monster comedy thing and were alittle dissapointed. It was just OK... could use some more creative touches. O'hana was terrific except for the lady singing. She was not very good and i know Disney has better talent than that!

Day 2 Epcot, Coral Reef & MK for EMH. Soarin is terrific!! we road it several times and it is a new favorite. Nemo on the other hand was a little lame. I guess the smaller kids may enjoy it but we did not. Turtle Talk was very cute...I wish they could make the moster thing this good. Food at the Coral Reef was terrific. I was a little worried after reading reviews, but the food was great, portions were very large & the service exceptional. The chocolate wave was to die for! EMH at MK was even better we walked onto Splash & Buzz several times :D

Day 3 - MGM & 50's prime time. Nothing much new at MGM except the Car stunt show - it was just ok. not really my cup of tea. i think they could use more new things at MGM. We did NOT like 50's prime time. The food, except for the milkshakes, was terrible. We will not be back there.

Day 4 - Epcot, Le Cellier & downtown Disney. We did soarin 2 more times - it gets better each time. Le Cellier was by far the best meal of the entire trip. we all wanted to lick our plates clean. I wish we'd eatten here twice!

Day 5 Animal Kingdon & boma - I love all the new additions at Animal Kingdom. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite parks. Everest is great - especially if you get the front car. It has a great view of EPOCT & MGM at the top from the front seat. I LOVED the nemo show. My husband didn't want to see it but ended up being impressed with it also. We were not impressed with BOMA. It was just OK. I was so excited after all the rave reviews but was not overly impressed. If we could do it again i change it out for another trip to O'Hana or Le Cellier.

Overall it was a fantastic trip. We will not be back for several years as we have plans to start a family and need to save $$ but i look forward to going back in several years and seeing what great new things they have added.

faline
03-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Sounds like a very enjoyable trip! Isn't Le Cellier wonderful?! It's currently one of my most favorite.

Bethis26fan
03-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Sounds like a great trip.

ChipnDaleGal
03-27-2007, 08:44 AM
I am glad that you had such a nice trip. It sounds like you were all bitten pretty hard by the Soarin' Bug! Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey:

Christine
03-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Glad you had a good time. Sorry you didn't like Prime Time...that is one of our favorites. We really like the fried chicken and pot roast. I agree that MGM is lacking if you are not into RnRC or Tot. Hopefully some new life is in the works!

pogo
03-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks for sharing with us. We love Soarin' also !:D

DizNee143
03-27-2007, 01:58 PM
sounds like you had a pretty good time...thanx for sharing!!! :mickey:

magicman
03-27-2007, 04:08 PM
- Sounds awesome.

I always regret not eating at Le Cellier more than one time per trip. It is always so good; however, when I'm doing my trip planning I always want to try out some other new places. Next time, though, I'm going to live on the edge & go there twice.

Thanks for the input on Coral Reef. I'll have to add it to the "must try" list.

pdrlkr
03-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
03-29-2007, 06:04 PM
I love Le Cellier too:thumbsup: Sounds like a great trip, thanks for sharing:mickey:

sleepingbooty
03-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks for taking the time to share the highlights of your trip, sounds like it was a good one. :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
03-30-2007, 09:56 AM
So, did you ride Soarin? :D It is an awesome ride! Thank you for sharing your report with us! Sounds like a great time was had! Good luck in starting your family!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks for sharing. I really have to get to Le Cellier one of these trips. Hopefully this August.

dtootsie42
03-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks for sharing sounds like it was a terrific trip. I agree with you about Le Cellier, it is a must do on every trip and we have never been disappointed.