PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Blossoms - any D.C. residents?

DisneyDog
03-26-2007, 11:47 AM
I'll be traveling to Washington D.C. from Sunday -Tuesday, and we are really, really hoping the Cherry Blossoms will be in bloom (since it IS the Cherry Blossom festival). I'm a bit worried, what with the cold snap we had last week. I'm just starting to see little tiny buds on some of our trees up here in the Philly Suburbs.

Anyone out there in D.C. give me a predication about the blossoms, based on what they see right now? Thanks!!

IrishMickey
03-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Hello,

As of Friday they had not sprouted, there might be a few small (young) trees that have blossomed, but it happens very fast you might just luck out and get to see them pop out. I hope it happens soon because we will be in Arizona for a week and we might miss them entirely. Have fun on your trip, the Cherry Blossom Festival is fun, especially if you like kite flying. :mickey:

DisneyDog
03-26-2007, 01:15 PM
The kite festival is Saturday. I wish we could be there for that. We are heading down to LaPlata, MD to visit my in-laws on Saturday and then heading to D.C. on Sunday. DH and I saw the kites about 6 years ago and it was gorgeous. DS4 would really love it, as we just took out his kite for the first time a few weeks ago. But, we will miss that. Maybe next year!!

We're going to take the trolley and go to the Lincoln Memorial, since DS and I just read a book about Abe Lincoln and he's fascinated. I'm not sure what else we're going to do. Depends on the weather, I guess. I just really want to see those blossoms:cloud9:

IrishMickey
03-27-2007, 08:01 PM
I think you may just luck out and see the blossoms bloom. The weather is so warm today and according to the cherry blossom website they think they will bloom on the 1st. All of the cherry trees in my neighborhood are all very young, but they all "popped" open today. If you google cherry blossoms they have a great website on the tracking of the blossoms. Have fun:yay:

IrishMickey
04-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Hope you had fun, you couldn't have planned for better weather or Blossoms. :mickey:

DisneyDog
04-06-2007, 01:55 PM
It was wonderful! The blossoms were beautiful! The weather was perfect too. Close to 80 degrees every day we were there. We took the trolley tour and got off at the Lincoln Memorial and there were blossoms blooming everywhere.

We certainly picked the perfect weekend, because now it's cold again! We really lucked out!!