PDA

View Full Version : DW 2 Retro Report Day 5 and final thoughts

SandmanGStefani24
03-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Having heard from security the night before, our directors sat us all down after continental breakfast and gave us a stern warning before boarding the buses. My crew of 6 reunited, we took a stroll through Epcot. We enjoyed the Innovations video games and simulators, and then made our way to the dark rides, which I loved, but most of the guys with me could have slept through. World of Motion and Universe of Energy (pre-Ellen) were both great in my opinion, and the fact that one of my favorite cars was on display at the end of WOM was just a nice bonus. (1953 Chevrolet Corvette, and not too far away, a show truck with no engine, but over 100 speakers. great exhibit area for car buffs!) Having an Italian exchange student with us, we thought it would be a neat kick to take him to Italy in the WS to see what he thought of it all. He thought it was nicely done, but I got a kick out of when he saw the tower, and said with a half-smirk, "yeah, I've seen the REAL one". We then walked into one of the shops in Italia to talk to one of the CMs. Not really knowing how detailed the WS is, we asked if she spoke Italian. With a big smile, she stated "of course!" and we introduced our friend to her. The got to chatting, and after a few minutes, they began to laugh and hug. We looked at them slightly confused, and he then explained that they were both from the same city, and she happened to be friends with his mother! (what are the odds?!!) After chatting a while they took a few pictures and we continued on. We ended up in the American area of WS, when round 2 of 'what are the odds' happened. This time, as we walked a passerby suddenly grabbed our exchange student friend. We (in our teenage mentality) thought we had a fight on our hands and turned to join in, only to find the person was a girl who was not fighting him but hugging him. :D Turns out, she is an exchange student too, from the UK who happened to fly in with him to the US. (crazy odds here!) They went to have a late lunch as did we, and went back to Innovations to enjoy the simulators some more until the Magic Music Days awards ceremony that evening in the Indiana Jones attraction area. They were giving out awards for best performances, best instrument lines, best show, ect. We won a few awards, but most were going to another band. The final award for best all around was given out last, and that band started to get up to accept but to our suprise it was given to us. Our band roared with cheers and it felt like we had won a split decision in a boxing match. We cheered until we were hoarse and then boarded the buses (after a long hot day at the parks, mind you) to start our long journey back home. We made our stops again somewhere around Pensacola, and then again in Lafayette before finally making it home again. It was around 3 or 4 in the morning, and we were all still wide awake. We hung around the band hall waiting for our parents to pick us up not really wanting to go home and accept that our trip was over. I had a bag of souveniers, some pictures and stories which will last a lifetime.

A little over 10 years later, I still feel like all of that was just a few years ago, not 10. When I went back in 05 it felt like little to nothing had changed, aside from the few attractions what were gone/changed. It was the best trip of my teen years, and one of the best times of my life. The best part of it all is every time I ride Spaceship Earth, or any other ride at WDW, I still feel the same way and that part of me never ages. I'm sure everyone else feels the same way, or similar. It's one of the best feelings in the world and I'm glad I have the tales to tell. Well, at least until I go back and get new ones to tell! And now, only about 200 or so days to wait for it...

Bethis26fan
03-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
03-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: