PDA

View Full Version : Mattress Shopping--Help!

lovetheprincesses
03-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Hi, what kind of mattress do you have, and do you love it or hate it? We have got to have a new set. Our last ones were Jamison, and they were okay, but not great. I think we paid about $600-$700 for them. I have been looking at Simmons beautyrest, the heavenly bed, etc....what do you have, and do you like it? Serta? Costco?

iheartmickey
03-26-2007, 09:46 AM
We have a King size Simmons Beautyrest and we LOVE it!

DH has back pain and he has been sleeping very well since we got it.

We purchased ours through walmart.com. It was the best priced King size we could find. They had a promo at the time that included shipping which was a HUGE help.

Boojum
03-26-2007, 09:57 AM
We have a Tempur-Pedic, and are huge believers in it. DH had back surgery a few years ago, and I have occasional sciatic problems. However, this bed has greatly reduced both of our symptoms. We don't get up with that "stiff-as-a-board" feeling anymore.

They are pricy--we paid $1400 for the basic model. But, they are guaranteed for 20 years. And, after all, how many regular mattresses would you go through in a 20-year period?

magicofdisney
03-26-2007, 01:53 PM
We have a sleep number bed. We added a 3" memory foam topper and it's FABULOUS. I look forward to crawling into my bed at night.

LoriMistress
03-26-2007, 07:12 PM
DH and I have a Temperpedic Matress. We LOVE this matress. It's just about the same cost for a high end matress. Same price, but you have a 20 year warrenty. Plus, you'll never have any back/neck problems.

Damon18
03-26-2007, 07:47 PM
I bought a nice Simmons Beutyrest queen size set about 6 or 7 years ago and I couldn't be happier with it. And to this point it has not worn down any. Still as comfortable as the day I bought it.:thumbsup:

PlutoToo
03-26-2007, 08:24 PM
We have a temperpedic too. DH really likes it and he has had a bad back all his life.

Disney Babe
03-26-2007, 09:51 PM
I have had a Simmons Beauty Rest for over 10 years and it is still in very good shape. I bought one of the low end styles. Sometimes I do have pain in the morning, but then I turn it and feel wonderful! I'm actually surprised that it has stayed in good shape after so long.

I have considered a Tempurpedic and think there a many good reasons to have one. I like that they never need turning and they are fire-resistent. But, if I went mattress shopping again I think I would go for a luxurious pillow top, as long as it was firm - don't know if that is possible. Simmons Beauty Rest will be my first choice when I look for a new one.

Tink&Goofy
03-26-2007, 11:15 PM
I want the bed they have at BWV! We were there last August, and that was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Does anyone know what these beds are???

Momof2boys
03-27-2007, 01:23 PM
We just got our Select Comfort (Sleep Number) mattress delivered on Friday & we LOVE it. Definately can tell a difference from our old Simmons Beautyrest . . .