PDA

View Full Version : Anybody done the Six-Week Body Makeover?

Boojum
03-26-2007, 12:43 AM
DH and I are planning to start it this week as soon as I can go grocerying and buy the necessary food. Anybody here had any experience with it? Opinions about it? The concept seems good--nothing outlandish.

Mickey 101
03-26-2007, 01:22 AM
Sounds interesting. What is it?

Boojum
03-26-2007, 09:30 AM
It would take awhile for me to explain it, but here's a link to the official website if you're interested in reading it.

https://www.mybodymakeover.com/default-secure.aspx?cc=cd&sid=6783992f6a824c2fb1e4433ee8781242

sleepingbooty
03-28-2007, 02:44 PM
The title intrigued me so I clicked on your link. I'd never heard of this plan before, but I have to tell you - I would never trust anything that says you can change the way your body looks by exercising only 15-18 minutes twice a week. I would add in some major cardio to whatever toning exercises they are suggesting. My cousin has just gone through an amazing body transformation. In the last 4 months she's lost over 60 pounds. She's doing Weight Watchers and she's running 6 miles a day. When she started she could only run for about 2 minutes straight (literally!), but she would walk for an hour a day. She gradually built it up until the whole hour was running instead of walking. I'm amazed by her, its really been inspirational. I hope your results are just as good! Good luck to you, and let us know how it goes!

Dakota Rose
03-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Thinking I could do "anything" for 6 weeks, and desperate to lose the "baby weight", I bought the kit. My husband and I did it together and we were both type Bs.

I lost weight, hubby didn't. Since I didn't lose many inches, I concluded I'd lost mostly water weight.

The first week or two, we felt really great. Then, we got bored with our food choices and tired of all the preparation.

Since we were both Bs that helped a lot, but still the food choices were boring and since no fat of any kind is allowed, it always tasted like diet food no matter how many seasonings I used.

And it was cumbersome to remember when you could eat what and paired with what.

I also found the exercise program to be cumbersome and difficult to manage because you change exercises basically everyday. Plus, you can only exercise after you eat certain foods.

If you're looking for a proven, "easy" way to lose weight, join Weight Watchers. I joined WW before I got married (in 2001) and lost 45 pounds. Now I'm back on the plan and have lost the 20 pounds I regained after 6WBMO.

If you want more info, PM me.

Dakota Rose
03-28-2007, 07:56 PM
I wanted to add that the first time I did WW, I didn't exercise regularly and it took me 6 or 7 months to lose the 45 pounds. This time, I'm walking 3 miles per day plus doing plain ol' sit-ups and push-ups and the inches are dropping off as fast as the pounds.

smartinez1
03-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi everyone, another great diet plan that I did was LA Weightloss. I lost about 60 pounds in 5months. You basically just have to eat 2 servings of proteins, 2 carbs, 1 fat, 3 servings of fruit and 3 servings of vegetables a day. You can eat at any restaurant and they give you a list of fast food items you can eat. I used to go to boston market 3 times a week and get the chicken, new potatoes and broccoli. Or I would go to wendy's and have a hamburger and side salad. Believe me it was really easy, and a lot easier than the point thing from wieght watchers that I tried. I am not knocking WW, it worked great for my friend, but I just didn't have the time or energy to weigh everything, and look up points everytime I wanted to eat. It really depends on the person. Good luck with whatever you try!