PDA

View Full Version : Disney Diet?

thejens
03-25-2007, 11:30 PM
In two months I'll be in the World and on the Dining Plan!!!! Does anyone else go on the pre-Disney Diet? I am trying to lose 10 lbs by then so if I gain 5 in one week at Disney I'll still be ahead of the game. Guilt free grazing! I actually am finding it very motivating. When I look at junk food I think to myself how much better ice cream is when it is shaped like Mickey Mouse!

cubbie
03-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Honestly, I don't do a pre-Disney diet. Although I tend o splurge while eating down there, I make up for it with the extensive cardio involved in navigating the park. That said, I do like your idea, and might actually incorporate it sometime in the future.

May524
03-26-2007, 12:56 AM
I've just started a diet, and one of my main motivations is Disney!!! I know when I go to disney I splurge on dole whips...funnel cakes from sleepy hallow and ofcourse those yummy rice krispie treats with the chocolate on top...yum! :)

Mickey 101
03-26-2007, 01:26 AM
We do so much walking when at Disney that, although we don't lose a pound due to all the Disney meals/snacks, we also don't gain any weight. Therefore, we don't diet in advance because the food we enjoy while there doesn't really impact our weight........unless the shorts and capris for the trip are fitting a little tight from the previous summer. :blush:

JPL
03-26-2007, 09:07 AM
I eat all I want and usually come back down a few pounds from all the walking :thumbsup:

luvindisney
03-26-2007, 12:36 PM
We always go on a very strict diet. We actually got it from the internet as the diet they give to heart patients pre-surgery. Sine January I have lost 26 pounds and we leave on April 21st. We have done this for years now!:thumbsup:

Speedy1998
03-26-2007, 12:43 PM
The only diet I do is the same as the one I am always on it is called the See Food Diet. Whatever I see I eat.

I do however, start exercising more before my Disney trip to build up my stamina for all the walking. Normally, I walk 1.5 miles per day. A month or two before a Disney trip I will bump that up to 3 miles per day, and add other exercises like situps, pushups, and jumping jacks. :mickey:

BellewanaB
03-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Bless everyone with "pleasantly plump" genetics. With all the walking AND a few morning jogs I STILL come back a few pounds "happier". I totally agree to the loose weight before vacationing-it's kinda like saving up to buy a car with cash rather than having to make payments.

A sample day might be...

Oatmeal with water, splenda and berries
4-5 almonds

1/2 c. cottage cheese with granny smith apple slices

baby spinach and leafy green salad with mushrooms, peppers, red onions and grilled plain chicken with those spray dressings

rice cake with teddy peanut butter
mini yogurt

grilled fish or chicken with steamed asparagus or broccoli
(1/2 mashed sweet potato if I have cardio at night)

A sample Disney Diet might be...
Granola bar or oatmeal at hotel

grapes or fruit salad from vender

Choc shake and chicken pot pie at 50's Prime time

big honkin lolly pop (nurse it all week long)

7 oz Filet Minon w/garlic mashed at Le Cellier

hot cocoa or coffe during Illuminations

LITTLE differnt from one another, wouldn't you say?

cinderella crazy
03-26-2007, 02:15 PM
You mean besides the one I've been on since the beginning of the year? :D Actually, I'm supposed to hit my goal weight before going to Disney. But while I'm there I'm not going to worry about it since all that walking seems to stop me from gaining weight.

tomorrowschild
03-26-2007, 02:49 PM
My mom and I always go on a pre-Disney diet. We usually start about 6 months before hand. We also do a lot of walking to get us ready for all the walking that we do in The World.
Personally I wouldn't worry about putting on a bunch of weight at Disney. You do so much walking and sweating that you probably won't put on anything.
A few years ago I worked really hard for a year and lost 40 pounds. I was worried about my Disney eating before I went- but decided to eat whatever I wanted- well I ended up losing another pound or 2 while away.

angedeaile
03-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Perhaps this should be a thread...a disney diet support system under Mousellaneous!

I agree with the idea of the pre-disney diet. I noticed on my last trip I really chubbed up!

I have already lost 10 pounds since my last trip, but I am still 15 pounds shy of my goal weight for my next trip in December. I am having a hard time staying motivated.

I would love to be inshape and not :blush: while looking at pictures of my gut hanging out while I gorge on a funnel cake. :(

I did take some great tips from this board on how not to over induldge myself while at WDW. I plan on putting them into action next time around.

Things like, get burgers without the bun & take advantage of the many fruit carts there are.

Perhaps, if someone ever starts the Disney Diet Support Thread...we can accumulate more tips on how not to go overboard while dining at Disney. Anyone else in?

cinderella crazy
03-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Perhaps, if someone ever starts the Disney Diet Support Thread...we can accumulate more tips on how not to go overboard while dining at Disney. Anyone else in?

I know I'd be interested. I just started a weightloss program in January and am worried about what to eat while at Disney. More so with Counter Service than Table Service (aren't those burgers good though at Pecos Bill and Cosmic Rays!) :tasty:

maryt01
03-27-2007, 01:50 PM
try steak and veggies. no pastas, rice potatoes. i just get so excited that i forget to order healthy. it is like part of the party. living in new orleans we tend to overeat because the food is so good. when will you be there in dec ? we will be there dec 9th thru the 14th at pop.:cloud9:

Katiebell
03-27-2007, 01:57 PM
I've just started a diet, and one of my main motivations is Disney!!! I know when I go to disney I splurge on dole whips...funnel cakes from sleepy hallow and ofcourse those yummy rice krispie treats with the chocolate on top...yum! :)

Do not fear the Dole Whip! A half cup serving is 80 calories, 0 from fat, 0 fat grams, according to the Precision Foods website, maker of Dole Whip Soft Serve Mix.

Of course, it's full of chemicals and unpronounceable ingredients :eek: but hey...I'm on vacation! Besides, if it's a float :marg: then even though there's more calories, pineapple juice :papple: is natural and oh so good for you... :D

angedeaile
03-27-2007, 03:13 PM
As I was searching to see if a DIsney Diet Support type thread had been already introduced, I found one that was similar.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=97973

It is a great way to stay motivated and intouch with fellow Intercotees, so you can get in shape for DW and perhaps keep those awesome habits when you get to the world.

Duchess99
03-27-2007, 05:43 PM
We always go on a very strict diet. We actually got it from the internet as the diet they give to heart patients pre-surgery. Sine January I have lost 26 pounds and we leave on April 21st. We have done this for years now!:thumbsup:

What diet are you on?? I would love to lose some weight before summer!

MargaretMessler
03-27-2007, 09:58 PM
For me, weight is always a constant battle, but I don't do anything extra to "prepare" for the Disney trip as far as dieting. I usually don't deprive myself of anything while at Disney, and I come back a couple pounds down from where I left, or at least the same. What I do make a point of before a Disney trip is getting used to lots of walking by making a conscious effort to take a healthy walk every day, either on the treadmil or around my neighborhood. And actually, this exercise usually motivates me to start eating better, so double benefit.:thumbsup:

luvindisney
03-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Basically the diet cuts out almost all carbs. We do it so that we can eat what we want at the world and not feel bad about it.:cloud9:

Besides the food is too good there to pass it up!