PDA

View Full Version : Whole Lotta Shake-Ups Going On

wizardmickey
03-25-2007, 10:35 PM
There's been a lot of stuff going on at the psych hospital where I work during the last 2 weeks (part of the reason I only get on around closing... besides the band that is.)
The Program Manager for the forensic unit had a stroke & apparently was in her house alone for 2 days. She is still nonresponsive. On the same service, the RN Shift Manager was doing yardwork when a hose got caught up in her husbands backho & dragged her around the yard before he realized it. She apparently sprained her ankle or something. The head Psychologist for that service lost her Mother that same weekend.
In our department, we lost a Therapist; He got caught sleeping on the job when he was supposed to conducting a patient group (there's more to the story, but that was grounds enough.)
On the childrens service, their head Pyschologist was fired for "improprieties".
So it's been a fun time at the nut house.
Me? I went back for my 3 month check-up on my knees/arthritis. After assessing my pain calendar, it was noted that for a few weeks after the 10 weeks of shots ended that I had some pain free periods. Unfortunately, it didn't last and has gotten more and more frequent again (as well as the pain in my left hand due to degeneration & repetitive motion usage; meaning, playing my guitar!) So, after another series of X-Rays & MRI's, it seems I'm in the "Pain Management" phase right now to avoid surgery at this time (this means doubling my usual medicine & taking the pain meds no longer as needed but at least twice a day with the arthritis med's & then as needed also.) So I've been a bit loopy & nod off when I least expect it...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wizardmickey
03-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Ooops, sorry about that. Anyway, keep the people I work with in your thoughts would ya please?
And I almost forgot amidst all of that negative energy:
I got a new van (it's a very bad mama jama!)
And the Guest House (the one Nacho claims is her's) is finally about 70% finished (interior & the mural I've painted on the entrance door.) Might try & post the mural picture when it's finally done!

Marla
03-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Hang in there IceMan, sounds like things can only get better...sorry..:blush:...:tink:

Marla
03-25-2007, 11:15 PM
All kidding aside your co-workers and you are in my prayers.:tink:

TinkRocks
03-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Wow Ice - lots goin' on.

Thoughts and well wishes for all who need it, and don't forget we are here for you.

RenDuran
03-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Sounds like a lot of bad things are going on at your hospital....are you sure you want to keep working there?! I'll definitely keep you and your coworkers and patients in my thoughts.

And I'm sending some pixie dust for your hand and knee! :pixie:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Ice you are always so busy; how do you have time for VMK? :D

:pixie: for all the things that are going on!

Chescat
03-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Sorry to hear about all that. Nachocat & I feel your pain. We want 2007 over all ready. The first three months of this year have done us all in. :help:

Here's pixie dust for your co-workers and you. :pixie: :pixie:

wizardmickey
03-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, I'm not wanting 2007 to be over with just yet... I still got me some travelling plans & people to meet when I get there!!
It's been good for me though, just so much going on around me. I didn't mention that a fellow therapist's wife passed away last month after struggling with a variety of illnesses. He has been a ROCk through it all, living with the promise that he will see her again. Me? I'd be an absolute wreck if I lost my Princess, so I see all of these things happening around me and realized how truly blessed I really am! Sure I'm in some pain & it can be inconvenient at times (especially when spending 8 hours out in the woods on a ROPES Challenge Course, which I did this last Friday & will do again this Friday) but pain can be managed. I know I'm a lucky guy... good job, fantastic wife, new band, secure finances, roof over my head, new van, great friends (all of you included!) and the ability/insurance to take care of any health issues. So many around me are so much more less fortunate. And when I really need reminding of my blessings I just talk to some of my patients or read their case histories.
I'm passing the Pixie Dust on to my coworkers y'all... Thanks!!

janmathatter
03-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Get that guest house ready and send me the key. I'm moving in. Evidently all the positive energy I need is being sucked into an iceman vortex of good vibrations and sunshine days. Ice, I'm coming home!!

wizardmickey
03-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Come on c'mon cheese... the AC is working (I fixed it myself!!!), the weather is fair, the crawfish are boilin' & the fridge is stocked!!

Tink's Mom
03-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Hey I remember you! It has been quite sometime ago, but I would hang out with you guys late at night. I don't know if you remember me, but we talked about being hippies and liking old rock & roll. My husband got a new position last May and we moved to a little island out in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. I didn't have internet access for what seemed like forever. And now there is a 4 hour time difference from here and the east coast and 7 to the west coast. So there are not many people on when I am on. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I am sorry that you have so much pain. I wish you the best.

bigpapiortiz34
03-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Hey Ice! Seems like your really busy! I think some Pixie dust is in the doing for ya. :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Chescat
03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey I remember you! It has been quite sometime ago, but I would hang out with you guys late at night. I don't know if you remember me, but we talked about being hippies and liking old rock & roll. My husband got a new position last May and we moved to a little island out in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. I didn't have internet access for what seemed like forever. And now there is a 4 hour time difference from here and the east coast and 7 to the west coast. So there are not many people on when I am on. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I am sorry that you have so much pain. I wish you the best.

Hey you are alive!! Good to see you. I'll always remember you transforming your boot hill room from an everest track on the ground to an track with all that ice. Glad you hooked up again. We miss you. :)

wizardmickey
03-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Yes indeed, we never forget the "Crazy" ones, do we?
Glad you're back, even if it is only hit-and-miss!