PDA

View Full Version : OKW tips needed!

busterthebronco
03-25-2007, 08:22 PM
ok folks.
my little timer says 4 days 16 hours 42 minutes 29 seconds until we leave for disney.
i'm getting fired uo kung fu!
we are staying at
OKW for the first time in over 12 years and i was hoping to get some stories and tips and any little tid bit i can get from ya'll.
we loved it last time we stayed there.
i remember most playing yahtzee on the pier at night.
also the piped in jimmy buffet music at the pool was nice.
olivias was nice as we ate outside.
what are ya'lls memories?
any secret tips?
thanks!:mickey:

May524
03-26-2007, 01:23 AM
The last time I stayed there was March of 05...and we are on our way this June!
My family and I ate at Olivia's and it was incredible! We had such a great meal! My mother still talks about it and we are hoping to hit it up this June when we go.
My DH, then fiance, and I loved walking around the resort and just soaking it all in. I also loved the pool, it was very nice to take a relaxing dip after a day at the parks.
We also enjoyed the room! Make sure to take a nice soak in the jacuzzi tub (if you are staying in a 1, 2, or 3 bedroom)!
I hope you do a trip report once you return b/c I would LOVE to hear your opinions of OKW in anticipation of my upcoming trip! :thumbsup:

pox24
03-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Was there two weeks ago. Still as great as ever. We had a studio on the 6th hole, across from the Marina. Took the ferry to DTD for dinner Friday night. Still a great resort. Have fun.

Maleficent's Dad
03-26-2007, 10:07 AM
OKW - since it's such a large resort, be sure to know what building you'd be interested in staying in. We love the loop with #23-26. Great views of water and golf course, close to Hospitality House, nice bus stop(s) close by (in addition to the one next to building 26, it's a short walk to the Hosp House for the final stop in the resort! :thumbsup: ).

I didn't know Olivia's had outdoor seating. I believe that all outdoor seating is for the takeout or self service. :confused:

The pool has been redone nicely with the slide being lots of fun. We spend a lot of time at the small 'boardwalk' area they have - it encompasses Goods to Go, Gurgling Suitcase :beer: :marg: , Community Hall, basketball & tennis courts, and of course, the main pool. It's really like a family vacation atmosphere... Enjoy the resort - OKW is laid back and so relaxing. :vacation:

If you're a golfer - great location for the links - just hop a (complimentary) cab ride to SSR; you'll play several holes meandering through OKW! :golf:

The boatride to DTD is decent - they use larger boats these days that are shared with SSR. It's not nearly as relaxing or intimate as it once was. :( It is convenient, however!

Olivia's is a nice, relaxing place to dine - we prefer b'fast there, but dinners have been very enjoyable as well.

There are some specialty drinks at the Gurgling Suitcase. For a small (very small) bar area, it certainly can pack a whallop!

Have fun! :mickey:

busterthebronco
03-26-2007, 03:37 PM
maybe i just made up that part about the outdoor seating.:blush:

WelshieLover
03-27-2007, 09:01 AM
We were at OKW in February. It was our first stay at a DVC resort thanks to our friends, who had a Grand Villa and got us a one bedroom. We were in 2521. We had great views of a pond and the golf course. We were close to the Main Building, pool and boat to DTD as well as a bus stop. The only problem was not enough time to enjoy everything. Olivia's was great and uncrowded. We liked the whole "flavor" of the resort" - very low key and relaxing. Now that we have been I have Disney fever again and want to go back!