PDA

View Full Version : Dress Codes

conwayjohn71
03-25-2007, 08:00 PM
do any of the resturants have dress codes.

We want to get a steak at concord, but do not know if they have a dress code

Goes4FastPass
03-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Only Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridian has a dress code.

I think some people like to 'spiff up' a bit for some venues - and they'd like to insist other be required to do the same - but it just ain't gonna happen. It's Disney World.

Actually, if you're referring to the Concourse Steak House at the CR, I think many people use it as a particularly informal stop, particularly at breakfast.

Figment!
03-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Victoria & Albert's are the only location that has a Formal dress code, but several others do have a Business Casual dress code.

See the Disney Restaurant Dress Codes (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dresscodes/default.asp) for details.

CraniumCommando
03-25-2007, 10:25 PM
When I made an ADR for the Bistro de Paris for my February trip, the CM told me that there was a dress code there. No shorts, T-shirts, flip flops, stuff like that.

Of course, when we got there, I saw plenty of people dressed casually.

jefmblrd
03-26-2007, 05:20 AM
When making ADR's for the signature restaurants last week, I found that they have a "business casual" dress code. The CM said that collarless shirts for men and cut off shorts weren't allowed. So, that means you could wear a polo shirt and walking shorts. They just wanted people to look neat while in the restaurant.

bicker
03-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Indeed, in addition to Victoria and Alberts, the signature restaurants all have a dress code:

Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Cítricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Flying Fish Café at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
Jiko – The Cooking Place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts

Here's the actual dress code for these restaurants.

Men: Dress slacks, jeans, trousers, or dress shorts, short or long-sleeved shirt
with a collar required. Jackets are optional.

Ladies: Jeans, skirts, or dress shorts with blouse or sweater, or a dress required.

Not permitted: tank tops, swimming suits or swim suit cover ups, t-shirts, hats
for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing of any kind.

The dress code applies to both adults and children, with children wearing age-appropriate variants.

Goes4FastPass
03-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Not permitted: tank tops, swimming suits or swim suit cover ups, t-shirts, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing of any kind.I'm glad to see at least this much of a "dress code". Does anyone know if ANYone has actually ever been turned away from a 'signature' restaurant because of the way they were dressed?

bicker
03-26-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm sure it has happened, but generally Disney relies on the integrity of their guests to voluntarily comply with a whole host of behavioral expectations like this -- dress codes, queuing for attractions, seating in attractions, timely usage of FastPasses, Dining Plan rules, etc.

The only rules like this that I hear frequent reports of them taking real action against a transgressor is with profanity on t-shirts, and then they typically only ask the transgressor to turn the t-shirt inside-out. Disney is not quick to take any kind of draconian action, even when doing so would benefit far more guests than it harms.

DVC2004
03-26-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm glad to see at least this much of a "dress code". Does anyone know if ANYone has actually ever been turned away from a 'signature' restaurant because of the way they were dressed?

I would be surprised if they turned anyone away. We were very disapppointed to eat at Jiko last September among a lady in capri sweat pants and a hoodies, and a man wearing cutoff denim shorts and dirty workboots with a t shirt. We were one of probably three couples who actually adhered to what we were told upon making the reservation. I'm not a snob but I feel if there is a dress code (and a lax one at that) people should make some sort of attempt to follow it. My husband is a jeans and t shirt guy and he follows the code.If people don't follow it and it is not enforrced, then why have one?

ldn324
03-26-2007, 12:50 PM
We were very disapppointed to eat at Jiko last September among a lady in capri sweat pants and a hoodies, and a man wearing cutoff denim shorts and dirty workboots with a t shirt. We were one of probably three couples who actually adhered to what we were told upon making the reservation. I'm not a snob but I feel if there is a dress code (and a lax one at that) people should make some sort of attempt to follow it. My husband is a jeans and t shirt guy and he follows the code.If people don't follow it and it is not enforrced, then why have one?

I agree. DH and I always take a nice dress or skirt and top for me and jacket and dress slacks for him and we are amazed at the people dining at places like Cali Grill in sweat pants and t-shirts. Makes us so angry! If I'm spending over $150 on dinner, I want to dress nicely - I think it makes the meal even more special. I hate to spend that much, make the effort to dress appropriately, then see someone sitting next to me wearing a ratty sweat suit (this happened at Cali Grill in December).

I for one wish they would enforce the dress code. I would imagine that Victoria & Albert's would be the one place to turn away guests if they are inappropriately dressed. Or at the very least, keep a stock of jackets for the men. I would hope people would know better than to dress casually for V & A though!

BellewanaB
03-26-2007, 01:10 PM
I wish the parks had dress codes.

I don't mean to say that everyone should look like their going to private school but it's so disspaointing to see some people who take absoltely NO PRIDE in their appearance. I am especially offended by women wearing TEENY TINY string bikini tops around the parks- and I'm not talking teenagers. :mad: I wish we could give them free tee shirts since they clearly didn't have the money to purchase a full sized top.

Should everyone be in polos and kaki's? NO! I saw a group of teens/college students expressing themselves tastefully in Goth (fully covered and no offensive language). They were just ahead of us going into a resteraunt and the one boy wearing a hat took it off as he entered the building. :joy: I was so amazed I went up to him and thanked him and told him how much I admired his respect for manners that, for some, might seem before his time. He smilled and said he'll forward that remark to his mom, that she's the one to thank.

p.s. I'm 26

bicker
03-26-2007, 02:03 PM
... it's so disspaointing to see some people who take absoltely NO PRIDE in their appearance. I am especially offended by women wearing TEENY TINY string bikini tops around the parksMaybe that is pride. :mickey:

We all have our own values regarding attire; anything that lives up to Disney's standards is acceptable and appropriate.

Figment!
03-26-2007, 02:30 PM
:cop: Moderator Note :cop:

Folks Let's please stay on topic,

The original question was "do any of the resturants have dress codes".

The original question does not warrant any personal editorials on dress codes as a whole or the like.

Any further posts that do not directly answer the original question will be edited or removed at the Staff's discretion.

Thank you.