PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP; spill the details.

LoriMistress
03-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Please tell me your experiences; your likes and dislikes, and your best tips.

Thanks.

JPL
03-25-2007, 06:34 PM
MVMCP is a great event at the Magic Kingdom. It includes some great entertainment only available during the party.

1. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade
2. Holiday Wishes
3. Celebrate the Season Castle Stage Show
4. Mickey's Night Before Christmas Stage Show

Along with these special shows select attractions are also opened for the party. There are free hot chocolate and cookies station throughout park for your enjoyment. There is also snow on Main Street and Disney Characters in their Holiday costumes :mickey:

The best tip I can offer is make the most of the special activities rather concentrating on the rides . I would also wait for the second showing of the parade since it is often less crowded than the first showing.

Jerry2
03-25-2007, 06:34 PM
We loved MVMCP! :santa: We went in 2002 it was a couple of days after Thanksgiving so it was one of the first dates. It was a little more crowded than I thought, but it was JUST after Thanksgiving weekend so that may be why. Everything was great, the parade, the shows, free hot chocolate and cookies. IT WAS SNOWING ON MAIN STREET!

My best tip… If they still do the free family photos… don’t rush to get your photo right away. They had several places throughout the park where you could get the photo taken. They all used the same background so it didn’t make a difference where you went. There was a HUGE line by the timekeeper at the start of the party, probably an hour’s wait. By 10:00 the photographers in Adventureland were standing around with nothing to do. Just double check to see if they stop taking pics at a certain time.

JPL
03-25-2007, 06:37 PM
My best tip… If they still do the free family photos…

Unfortunately they have stopped the free picture and now only offer discounted pictures. This is also true for MNSSHP:(

LoriMistress
03-25-2007, 06:45 PM
What they do now is offer 50% off for a 5-7" photos only.

I'm going on Dec 11th and 18th.

bucky at disney
03-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Best part - the rides! No lines! But my kids are ride focused.....in fact at BTMRR - if there was no one waiting for our spot we didn't even have to get off. And we were able to chose where we wanted to sit.

The one thing I won't do again - is the meal at LTT - we love eating here - but it was crazy the night we went....would much rather have spent that time doing some of the other things....and would have done LTT another time.

offwego
03-26-2007, 01:35 PM
What they do now is offer 50% off for a 5-7" photos only.

I'm going on Dec 11th and 18th.

However it's a discount on your photopass system. I was able to enter my multiple cards (the special one that had the code and my "ordinary" one) and order the 5 X 7's from all my photo's at a discount. It was a great deal for me as I love the photo's anyway!

Also we really found a difference between attendance on a friday and a wed. The weekday was much lighter. The cookies were yummy the fireworks and parade were great. We loved all the strolling entertainment as well.

We loved it so much we went twice in one trip!

aprilisis
03-26-2007, 01:41 PM
I am glad you asked this question, LoriMistress. I am going to go for the first time in the beginning of December. Does anyone know when the tickets usually go on sale?

just2mickey
03-26-2007, 02:04 PM
I agree with all of the above posts;however, I really enjoyed the shows as well. Be sure to catch the show behind Buzz Lightyear. it was well worth the wait!:mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
03-26-2007, 02:35 PM
It's sooooo much fun. We're (cough), "older", :old: :knit: kids are married, and want to "do" their own Christmas. We're included, but the Dec. week at Disney wouldn't be the same without MVMCP. Living in Arizona, just having the illusion of snow, WOW ! The parade is awesome. I watch the Toy Soldiers on T.V. Christmas morning, but seeing them four feet in front of you makes me feel 40 again.:santa:

LoriMistress
03-26-2007, 06:34 PM
However it's a discount on your photopass system. I was able to enter my multiple cards (the special one that had the code and my "ordinary" one) and order the 5 X 7's from all my photo's at a discount. It was a great deal for me as I love the photo's anyway!

Thanks for the correction!

Also we really found a difference between attendance on a friday and a wed. The weekday was much lighter. The cookies were yummy the fireworks and parade were great. We loved all the strolling entertainment as well.

We loved it so much we went twice in one trip!

I know Fridays and the weekends are when the locals and other people decided to show up. I'm going on a Tuesday on both days.

LoriMistress
03-26-2007, 06:46 PM
I am glad you asked this question, LoriMistress. I am going to go for the first time in the beginning of December. Does anyone know when the tickets usually go on sale?

They're listed on several boards. Dis is showing dates of Nov 13,15,16,26,27,28,30 & Dec 3,4,6,7,10,11,13,14,17,18,20,21. Dates are subject to change and will confirm the dates in May.

This is from mousesavers and Unnofficial Guides, and they're pretty accurate.
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Nov 13, 15, 16, 26, 27, 29, 30; Dec 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 17, 18, 20, 21 from 7 pm to midnight.

bradk
03-26-2007, 06:59 PM
i think it's only fair to mention that at least last year, they were playing Twas the Night Before Christmas for *everyone* on saturdays. in fact, having gone to the party twice, i opted to see it on a saturday instead since it was daylight.

the parade is my favorite of all disney park parades. unfortunately i enjoy it MUCH MUCH more in daylight, during christmas week. of course, that's a severe tradeoff.

MVMCP is my least favorite party of the bunch. that said, i'd still probably go if given the opportunity, but i won't be scheduling trips for it like I do for MNSSH and P&PP

angedeaile
03-27-2007, 12:36 PM

Rumor has it that tickets for MVMCP will be available in May/June. I am sure the board will be a buzz once it happens.

Also, if you go through Magical Journeys, once the tickets are available they let you know ASAP!

Jerry2
03-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Unfortunately they have stopped the free picture and now only offer discounted pictures. This is also true for MNSSHP:(

Somehow I had a feeling that they weren’t free anymore. :down:

bradk
03-27-2007, 03:58 PM
so not to start a fight, but is one free picture that more valuable than 50% off all your photos (which is essentially buy one, get one free)?

offwego
03-27-2007, 04:01 PM
so not to start a fight, but is one free picture that more valuable than 50% off all your photos (which is essentially buy one, get one free)?

Plus you also have the option to crop, add the holdiay messages etc to any other ones. We bought one with my family and my mom at MK on an EMH...and then added the MVMCP border.

I really liked that discount as I bought some for my mom, some for DH's family as a gift, us my office and my brother! All for much less then normal! And shipping one or 6 was really the same thing.

LoriMistress
03-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Tickets will go on sale on May 1st. Though mousesavers recomments to check out Disney's site around the end of April to make sure that the dates and ticket sales haven't changed.