PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Best Themed Line/Queue Before The Ride?

magicman
03-25-2007, 04:21 PM
I love the extra touches Disney puts into making their parks special. One of the greatest things at WDW is the detail in the line before the ride.

What's Your Favorite Line/Queue & Why?

My favorites:
- The Tower of Terror. There are details in every corner that if you take the time to look at are truly amazing.

- Expedition Everest - The high altitude climbing gear & Himalayan shops are so authentic.

Speedy1998
03-25-2007, 04:26 PM
I think the best is Tower of Terror.

My favorite though is R 'n' R. I love Aerosmith and would be happy sitting in the que listening all day.

Goofeygal
03-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Mine are a toss between Everest and Rock & Roller coaster. I love areosmith.

Wolf
03-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Everest! They make you believe in that yeti!!!!!:hide2:

Sharon1026
03-25-2007, 05:16 PM
The new Nemo ride has a pretty cool pre ride queue, HM is fun, too.

DH and I were just talking about how you sometimes miss the fun details of the pre ride when you use the fast pass.

:stitch2:

SlinkyDog
03-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Tower of Terror is without a doubt the best.

LudwigVonDrake
03-25-2007, 05:35 PM
For detail, Tower of Terror :thumbsup:

Pirates of the Caribbean is very good but most times you go past everything so quickly that you don't see the details :pirate:

SBETigg
03-25-2007, 05:49 PM
The Peter Pan ride. Definitely. Nothing beats walking from side to side with absolutely nothing to look at but the backs of the heads of the people in front of you. Perfect!

Seriously, Haunted Mansion is the best for me, because they start the theming in the outdoor queue and then bring you right in to the story before the next queue. Really well done.

dolphinmickey9170
03-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Tower of Terror is without a doubt the best.
AMEN:yay: :encore:

LoriMistress
03-25-2007, 06:09 PM
ToT and Star Tours is very well themed. At DLR POTC (expecially eating at The Blue Bayoe) is beautifully themed and the INDY ride at DLR is wonderfully themed...but it takes FOREVER and teases you that you're loading area.

DisneyCrazyET
03-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Tot
Potc

DisneyGirl85
03-25-2007, 06:19 PM
I was just there this past saturday and I would also have to say ToT and PotC.

tron80
03-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Tower of Terror,without a doubt. Mission:Space is a good one because of the gravity wheel.

Maleficent's Dad
03-25-2007, 06:32 PM
The best I've seen in any Disney Park is the Indiana Jones ride in DLR. Wow is that amazing! :mickey:

In WDW, however, I have to go with EE. TOT is pretty good too, but I think EE is incredibly detailed! :thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
03-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Wow this is a good topic. I agree with all of those posted above, but can think of so many others. Splash Mountain has great detail and Brer Frog's shadow telling stories is classic Disney, The Muppets queue complete with key under the mat is great, the line for Star Tours is actually better than the ride itself, Mission Space's queue keeps your attention, and Test Track has plenty to look at as well. Journey into your Imagination with Figment has a great line and Soarin is also pretty good. Dinosaur and Kilamanjaro Safaris tell great stories.

Enough rambling, my answer to the question would probably be It's tough to be a bug. Why? The landscaping is lush, the carvings are magnificent, and the theming is classic Disney.:thumbsup:

darthmacho
03-25-2007, 06:53 PM
I've always liked Kali River Rapids queue. I like it better thant the ride itself actually.

Other great queue areas are Space and Splash Mountains, Kilamanjaro Safaris, Pirates, ToT, Haunted Mansion, Great Movie Ride, and though I've yet to see it, no doubt Expedition Everest.

GenieOfPA
03-25-2007, 07:31 PM
i really like the ques for EE, Kali River Rapids, and POTC. but one of my favs is Test Track... i'm a big car fan and all the car stuff everywhere is really fun to look at.

Magic Smiles
03-25-2007, 10:37 PM
The Tower of Terror. I will never forget my first time there. You could never describe it with words to anyone. You have to experience it. I loved how the mist was all over the ground and the moss hanging from the trees. Actually I love everything about it.

CaptainSad
03-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean

Gator
03-26-2007, 01:23 AM
The best I've seen in any Disney Park is the Indiana Jones ride in DLR. Wow is that amazing! :mickey:

I've gotta agree. Indy is incredible at DL. But for WDW, I really like Dino at AK.

May524
03-26-2007, 01:33 AM
RNRC-I love the feeling of being in a "studio", I think it's very cool. Plus that video isn't TERRIBLY boring as others!
TOT-The theming is incredible!

Mickey 101
03-26-2007, 01:33 AM
I'm in complete awe of EE, especially after seeing the show (let's see was it Travel Channel or Discovery) about the background of the ride and all the research, trips to Nepal, etc. I love a lot of the other queue areas mentioned by other posters, but I find Everest most impressive!!!

Spaceship Tigger
03-26-2007, 06:57 AM
As many would say, the Star Tours queue is better than the ride itself. I also like the POTC one but usually end up walking right through it.

Sportster
03-26-2007, 07:34 AM
MK - Pirate of the Caribbean
DS - Tower of Terror
Epcot - Test Track
AK - Expedition Everest - probably my favorite. Incredible collection!!!

malip
03-26-2007, 09:35 AM
I have always liked Star Tours. Still haven't figured out why one of C3PO's legs is silver. POTC is great. Haven't seen the EE line because I always do single rider. One that I am really impressed with is the new Nemo ride at Epcot. They really make you feel like you are going in deeper as you walk. Am especially glad they closed off the area where you used to see the end of the ride at the beginning.

BellewanaB
03-26-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm only posting because Haunted Mansion is not getting the love it deserves! The cure IS the ride! And I LOVE cast members who really get into their roles and scare the begeezes out of you just by quietly standing close behind you in the dark. If that's not quality theming, I don't know what is!

magicman
03-26-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm in complete awe of EE, especially after seeing the show (let's see was it Travel Channel or Discovery) about the background of the ride and all the research, trips to Nepal, etc. I love a lot of the other queue areas mentioned by other posters, but I find Everest most impressive!!!

Maybe the Travel Channel special on creating EE is the reason I appreciate its queue so much. It was a very good special that I recommend to anyone as it really helps to understand all that Disney puts into ride creation.

JPL
03-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Again will have to go Park by Park here:thumbsup:

MK: POTC
MGM: TOT
Epcot: Test Track
AK: Expedition Everest

Disney Doll
03-26-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm going to have to go with Everest. After walking trough that que, it was a little hard to convince our 7 year old nephew that the Yeti stuff was just pretend. It's very convincing and really sets the stage for the ride.

4ubie1
03-26-2007, 01:09 PM
I have yet to ride E:E so my vote goes to ToT or PoTC. I think it might change when i ride E:E but for now...those two get my vote!:thumbsup:

cinderella crazy
03-26-2007, 02:02 PM
The Peter Pan ride. Definitely. Nothing beats walking from side to side with absolutely nothing to look at but the backs of the heads of the people in front of you. Perfect!

:funny: :funny: :funny:

I think ToT is my favorite. Although I haven't gotten to ride E:E yet so I may have to add that later.

KAJUNKING
03-26-2007, 02:09 PM
i love that guy patrick from the saftey video before going on to soarin , he cracks me up :laughing: :funny: :rotfl:

mjaclyn
03-26-2007, 02:26 PM
I think the Tower of Terror queue line completely immerses you into that 'old time hollywood' feel. From the music to the decor - it is truly creepy. I also LOVE the queue for Expedition Everest. Disney Imagineers are SO detailed that even standing in line is fun! When DH and I went down for the EE Annual Passholder Preview I was disappointed that the line was only 30 minutes long because I couldn't look at everything!

Another honorable mention is Pirates of the Caribbean. I always seem to transform into a pirate by the time i get to the boat. So cool!

just2mickey
03-26-2007, 02:29 PM
I had a fast pass for Everest so I was in a full spped run when I went through but it did seem to have a great deal of neat stuff leading up to it.

My favorite is Tower of Terror.

prttynpnk
03-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Dinosaur!
Star Tours
Nemo and Friends
And of course Dumbo- because I like heat stroke and cattle pens.:)

cinderellagrl
03-26-2007, 06:49 PM
I have always loved the well known: TOT, Kali River Rapids, now EE, but a couple of weeks ago I went on the Finding Nemo ride. While the ride itself is not the best, I was amazed how they turned a once boring area into something magical!

alpro2
03-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Yes to all the above posts. Disney does a great job with their ride themeing.

Love RnRC - I could play in that studio all day long. :rocker:

Disdad13
03-27-2007, 04:37 PM
EE is great, and gets my vote for second best, but nothing beats ToT. The first time I went on ToT I was blown away with the attention to detail. Others are done very well, like PoTC and HM, but ToT is just the ultimate!

Mickey's Pal
03-27-2007, 04:56 PM
...The Muppets queue complete with key under the mat is great, the line for Star Tours is actually better than the ride itself... Enough rambling, my answer to the question would probably be It's tough to be a bug. Why? The landscaping is lush, the carvings are magnificent, and the theming is classic Disney.:thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more... with everything!!! I also enjoyed the TIKI ROOM birds preshow more than the show itself... (I'm sorry. I know it's wrong, but it's true.) :mickey:

Jeff G
03-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Star Tours is great and better if you actually have to wait in line and have time to study all the detail.

ToT is a close 2nd and HM is a close third. I see a lot of you mention of EE which is great but the day we were there is was to hot to enjoy.

mrsgaribaldi
03-27-2007, 05:16 PM
The Muppets, the only attraction where I feel bad if I miss the preshow:(

McGeorge
03-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Although Dinosaur and Test Track are towards the top of my list, I think Tower of Terror has to take first place (even though I don't love the actual ride anymore since they messed with the drops).

Clotho
03-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Although Dinosaur and Test Track are towards the top of my list, I think Tower of Terror has to take first place (even though I don't love the actual ride anymore since they messed with the drops).

I really like Test Track, too.

Tower of Terror in MGM is just incredible. The BEST by far. We were there in the slow season, and the swiftness of getting through there was disappointing! We almost wish we had to wait in line just so we could spend more time looking around!

Indy at DLR also rocks. Just a blast. I love deciphering the walls, finding hidden details every time.

future_imagineer
03-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Tower of Terror, no contest.

battle beast
03-27-2007, 11:35 PM
At DLR, Indiana Jones. At WDWR, Haunted Mansion is pretty good. Same with RnRC.

slt21
03-28-2007, 12:34 AM
I love RnRC because I'm a big fan of Aerosmith, and I love Test Track because because I find cars fascinating. I love Splash Mountain, too, just because it's classic Disney theming.

jpcns50
03-28-2007, 08:45 AM
I would have to agree that ToT has the best pre-ride themeing, but also, I like Space Mountain for sentimental reasons. It is the one ride entrance I remember from my childhood!!

Christine
03-28-2007, 08:48 AM
I really like the queue at Nemo in Epcot. I think it was very well done!

mook3y
03-28-2007, 10:07 AM
DL: Hands down, Indiana Jones is my favorite over all. It was especially good opening day, they had an Indiana Jones climbing around the scaffolds in the main chamber and talking to the crowd about the temple. Wish they would of kept that going.

CA: It's tough to be a bug. Love how it makes you feel like your getting smaller

MK: POTC
MGM: TOT
Epcot: TT
AK: EE

Jared
03-28-2007, 10:47 AM
There are so many great queues throughout Walt Disney World. I will list my favorites in each park:

Magic Kingdom: The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean

Epcot: Test Track

Disney-MGM Studios: Tower of Terror and Star Tours

Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest, It's Tough To Be A Bug! and Dinosaur

:mickey:

Figgyluv03
03-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain and Space Mountain!!! Never mind waiting in line for them!

WDW_Obsessed
03-28-2007, 12:47 PM
My vote definitley goes to Everest:number1: It's almost (emphasis on ALMOST) worth skipping the fast pass and waiting in the stand by just to look at all the cool stuf!

smartinez1
03-28-2007, 01:13 PM
My favorites are TOT and EE! Great question, thanks!

Laughin' place
03-28-2007, 01:57 PM
This is one area where DL usually outshines WDW. Even in older and more simple rides (like our beloved Mr Toad) there is more room and more attention to detail. The pre-show areas in DL are usually better, especially in FL.
It's not a fav, but I have to comment: the pre-show area in Voyage of Little Mermaid always makes me hungry for Red Lobster....:crab:

Belle619
03-28-2007, 02:18 PM
I have to say Haunted Mansion - but that may be because I've never been on ToT or RnRC!

magicman
03-30-2007, 12:25 PM
This is one area where DL usually outshines WDW. Even in older and more simple rides (like our beloved Mr Toad) there is more room and more attention to detail. The pre-show areas in DL are usually better, especially in FL.
It's not a fav, but I have to comment: the pre-show area in Voyage of Little Mermaid always makes me hungry for Red Lobster....:crab:

Mmmmmm...Sebastian:stir:

Makusu
03-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Oh wow.
Magic Kingdom- HM or Splash Mountain
Epcot- Soarin'
MGM- ToT
AK- Everest

And let us not forget the great music played in all of these queue lines! :thumbsup:

Red Randal
03-30-2007, 06:22 PM
I think we need to make a distinction between Queues and Preshows, which are totally different. Queues are a little bit tougher to theme and keep people occupied in since, no matter how lush the theming, you are still trying to entertain people who are standing in line for a prolonged period of time.

I agree that Expedition Everest is one of the most well done queues I have ever seen. Tower of Terror is also very well themed. I'll offer a few alternatives though...
The Jungle Cruise has a decent queue except for the fact that it is outside. Where's the love for Pirates of the Caribbean? That's one of the most awesome queues at WDW. With the caves, skeletons playing chess, and insanely refreshing air conditioning on a hot Florida day, it's one of my favorites. Star Tours is another one of my favorites. It really emerses you in the whole Star Wars universe.

I was surprised to hear so many people compliment the Test Track queue. I always found it to be pretty bad, with nothing but crash test dummies and car parts to look at, plus the MOST ANNOYING THEME MUSIC EVER playing on endless loop. I guess standing still for 45 minutes during a breakdown will do that to you.

WEDTOPIA
03-30-2007, 06:45 PM
At least 5 or 6 really good ones to choose from , but the top dog , for me , is Expedition Everest. The queue , by itself , makes for a very fine attraction.

:mickey:

dumbo ears
03-30-2007, 10:47 PM
i like tower of terror because of the detail but I also like pirates of the carribean