PDA

View Full Version : Question about Garden Grill

Jeri
03-25-2007, 03:51 PM
I was thinking of going to the garden grill, but I have a question about how they serve it family style.

My oldest who will be 10 when we go has Aspergers, and will not eat food that has touched. This is the same even if it is food he likes. He goes as far as not using the same fork or spoon for more then one food. He uses many during the course of a meal.

So I am wondering do they bring it all out on one big plate and you serve yourself off of it or how is it done.
I hope this makes sense. He really tries but food touching will set him off. He will refuse to eat food that may have touch. He will almost have an anxiety attack over this.
I just want to know as much as possible before hand so I can prepare him or ask for it to be done different for him.

Thanks

ISLE39
03-25-2007, 04:05 PM
They do bring the meats out on the same plate and the sides on seperate plates. i would when at therestaurant explain to the waiter that mys on has this and we need that im sure they will have no problem i mean seperating food on a few plates is kind of easy to do so i dont see it as any sort of issue. wdw is very accomadating you JUST HAVE TO ASK

ElenitaB
03-25-2007, 04:15 PM
The food is served as explained by Isle39.

I would call WDW-Dine and have your ADR noted with the information you explained above (there is no need to share your DS' diagnosis if you do not feel comfortable doing so). Disney is extremely accomodating when it comes to special needs. When you arrive at the Garden Grill podium, be sure to reiterate your request. There should be no problem at all.

Natazu
03-26-2007, 03:58 AM
Ellen is right on. Disney is absolutely accomodating when it comes to special needs. I wouldn't expect a problem at all.