PDA

View Full Version : please tell me where to go...(lol)

johnfunkwriter
03-25-2007, 01:50 PM
We (DH, DW, DD5,&DD3) will be at AK during the day (next month)... looking for a good dinner destination. We're on the Disney Dining Plan, and are looking for a table service meal.
Also, we only have base tickets so are unable to go to another park to eat. What's close to AK?

Please plan our destiny.

Thanks!

John:mickey:

BronxTigger
03-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, AK typically closes around 5 or 6 pm. Check the times for the day you are planning to spend at AK. Because you only have base tickets, I would plan to stay at AK until close and then leave and go to a dinner at either DTD or a resort. Then, since AK usually closes earliest of all the parks, I would plan to spend the evening at DTD, mini-golfing, or resort hopping.

I would pick a TS at any resort and take that resort's bus straight there from AK. Choose an ADR time for about an hour after AK closes that day. Then, after dinner, take the resort you are at's bus to go to DTD to shop.

Willowwind
03-25-2007, 02:20 PM
I like traveling with themes so I say you should head on over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and have dinner at Boma. More Animals to look at, Beautiful Hotel (with a hidden Mickey and lobby kids activities), not to mention great food!:thumbsup:

My second choice would be something in Downtown Disney.

CleveSJM
03-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I would ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe over at the WL, especially if you haven't been to the WL yet. It's a fun place for the kids and depending on the time you get there, you may be able to see the MK fireworks. One neat tip if you don't have MK ticket for the fireworks is to take the Ferry over from the TTC and stay on for a couple trips during the fireworks. It's pretty nice.

SBETigg
03-25-2007, 03:17 PM
I think Boma would be a great choice. It's at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and it will give you a chance to check out the resort and see more animals there. If that's not good, you might zip over to 'Ohana, which is also fun for kids and a nice family TS option.

ElenitaB
03-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I agree that Boma would be a great place to have dinner after spending a day at AKL. It's not only close, but it's also a very unique resort and both the adults and the kids will find plenty to ooh and aah over.

rafiki fan
03-25-2007, 04:39 PM
I agree with those recommending the Boma at AKL. If nothing else we believe that a day at the AK is not complete without a trip to the lodge. Your kids will love it. You can actually get a better look at some of the animals there than you would at AK. We have enjoyed the breakfast at AKL every time we go and are looking forward to trying the dinner this time. We have heard nothing but good things about it. The Boma buffet will give you enough options for the kids if they are picky eaters and a chance to try some of the African native foods also.:eat:

Speedy1998
03-25-2007, 04:48 PM
I would stay at AK until close then have dinner at one of the Monorail resorts, and stay to watch the MK fireworks from whichever resort you ate at.

johnfunkwriter
03-25-2007, 04:50 PM
They're all great ideas... we pondered them awhile.
This time around we decided on Boma- just booked it.

Thanks a lot for the great suggestions!

John:mickey:

P.S.
Less than a month away and counting!!!

ParrotheadMinni
03-25-2007, 05:08 PM
We are also doing the AK/Boma combo day next month (on the 8th). We've done it twice before and it works out great from the park. Be sure to try the soups and the Zebra Domes. Everything is good though. We took youngest DD when she was about 5 and it's still one of her requests, and there's plenty for kids to eat, even if they are a little picky. She's 13 now, and tries everything. We have to visit the AKL gift shop, of course. Walk out back and see the view while you wait for your ADR.

Natazu
03-26-2007, 03:46 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best 1TS Dining Plan Choices not in a Park:
7. Boma
6. ‘Ohana
5. Cap’n Jack's
4. Concourse Steakhouse
3. Kona Café
2. Grand Floridian Café
1. Wolfgang Puck Café