PDA

View Full Version : Kilimanjaro Club Espresso??

Willowwind
03-25-2007, 01:27 PM
I've heard that you can get a Latte in the AKL concierge lounge, has anyone used or seen this machine? I read that it was a "self service" machine and I'm not entirely sure what to think about that. Is it like a gas station type "cappuccino" machine or is it a real espresso bar? Manual? Superautomatic? Does anyone know?

Disney coffee is so notoriously bad and I always bring my own beans for the in room drip brewer. I'm just wondering about this machine in the Lounge and if there's hope for a decent Latte too.

JPL
03-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Not sure what type of machine they have but the coffee they serve at Boma and Jiko is much better than the normal WDW coffee.

If you are a coffee fan I would suggest the pressed pot coffee at either location.

The Coffee at The Mara is the same sludge they serve all over however :(

Tinkerfreak
03-26-2007, 11:55 AM
It is definately not gas station coffee. It is a big professional expresso machine. All you do is select what you want either cappaccino, expresso, latta, hot chocolate etc , grab a cup and push the button. I am almost ashamed to say that that is one of the major reasons we do concierge at AKL. I am a total coffee and latte nut and this machine is wonderful. I love to grab a nice big cup and fill it with a frothy latte and just sit and sip while relaxing. They also have flavored syrups you can add to them if you want and you can select regular, decaf or I believe even double shots of expresso. It is a big machine with many options but believe me if I can figure out how to use it anyone can.

Willowwind
03-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Push button eh? Do you steam your own milk or does the machine do it for you? Sorry, I get as geeky about my coffee, as I do about my Disney. :blush:

Anyhow, thanks for the info!

liz
03-26-2007, 04:28 PM
it is the real deal. you just put your cup under the nozzle and hit the button for cap, double cap, espresso, etc. it does the espresso, then the steaming milk comes from a separate nozzle, all into your waiting cup :) it's awesome! The other resort CL's have the Nescafe machines which, IMO are basically the gas station cappuccino machines. i don't care for them. the milk mix has a sweet taste that i don't care for...anyway, AKL has the mack daddy machine.:thumbsup:

Willowwind
03-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Okay, I think I can handle that. :party: Whoo hoo!! I think that alone may be reason to continue staying at AKL Club Level.

My Disney dream is that they dump the Nescafe' and Starbucks takes over.

liz
03-27-2007, 06:34 AM
My Disney dream is that they dump the Nescafe' and Starbucks takes over.

MINE TOO!!:cloud9: