PDA

View Full Version : Is this true?

luvdiznee
03-25-2007, 12:28 PM
I read somewhere that resorts such as CBR do NOT take faxed room requests. Anyone know if this is true or not? Could it be that it isnt allowed at certain resorts? When we stayed at POP in December we faxed a request to them. So could it be different for CBR? Thanks :mickey:

JPL
03-25-2007, 12:44 PM
I too have herad this about a few of the resorts. Your best bet is to call before you arrive. The best they can offer is a notation on your reservation with not garauntee about the request.

Strmchsr
03-25-2007, 01:06 PM
What I've understood from talking to a couple of CM's is that they get so many faxes they pretty much just throw them straight in the trash without looking at them. They don't have time to process them. For a room request (as JPL stated) the best bet seems to be to put it on your reservation and/or call 3-5 days ahead of time. That still doesn't guarantee anything.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
03-25-2007, 01:27 PM
We have always had great luck with room requests but we have only had them noted on our reservation when it is made and then at check-in I politely restate my request. I haven't ever sent a fax.

MNNHFLTX
03-25-2007, 02:23 PM
We have always had great luck with room requests but we have only had them noted on our reservation when it is made and then at check-in I politely restate my request. I haven't ever sent a fax.Same here. And we also try to check-in earlier in the day when there is a greater selection of available rooms.

wendy*darling
03-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Yes, I have also heard that this is the new situation for most, if not all, resorts. They have been overwhelmed with fax requests that there just isn't time to handle them.
I do know that the DVC resorts state that they do not accept faxed requests.

It has always been the best policy to make your requests known when you make your reservation. They can usually handle your top 1 or 2 priorities, depending on availability.

And as Beth said, checking in as early in the day as possible increases your chances too.

magicgal
03-25-2007, 03:15 PM
I always make my requests at time of booking and also 3-4 days prior to our arrival date.

Mariašoš
03-25-2007, 05:27 PM
We have always had great luck with room requests but we have only had them noted on our reservation when it is made and then at check-in I politely restate my request. I haven't ever sent a fax.

Same here. We've always gotten what we've requested without ever sending in a faxed request. I just request what I need when booking my ressies and then politely inquire while checking in.

Donalds Duckie
03-25-2007, 05:48 PM
I have stayed at CBR 5 times and have been granted my request for Jamaica all but 1 time when I had to go to my 2nd choice, Aruba (I checked in about 1 a.m. on Halloween weekend).

I always have my request noted when reservation is made and I inquire again at check-in. I usually arrive at my WDW resort between 12:30-1:30 p.m.

Have a great trip and enjoy CBR!

DizneyFreak2002
03-25-2007, 06:48 PM
This is absolutely true... I understand all the hotels tend to ignore fax requests, unless they are slow.... Your best bet is to call reservations and place your request with them... Of course, they cannot promise your request will be filled....

tikiman
03-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Official notice went out to the resorts a few years ago asking them to no longer accept requests that are faxed in.

pox24
03-26-2007, 10:32 AM
My nephew works as one of the reservation agents at the GF. He says that all rooms are assigned 3 days prior to arrival and that a phone call is the best way to assure a particular room which also has to be listed as a request on the initial reservation.

battle beast
03-26-2007, 12:16 PM
interesting.