PDA

View Full Version : All Star Sports V. Pop Century

battle beast
03-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Which is better in terms of getting around the resort, the pool and the cafeteria?

Strmchsr
03-25-2007, 12:27 PM
POP is a little more spread out, but I don't know that there's a lot of difference between the two in terms of easily navigating everything. I've enjoyed both pretty much equally.

LudwigVonDrake
03-25-2007, 07:00 PM
When I stayed at Pop in 2004, I had a room in the 60s building which is the first set of buildings nearest the food court and found NO problem. I suggest to everyone who wants to stay in a value to stay at Pop. It's newer, the buses are more efficient and it's more in the middle of things on the property :mickey:

McLiberal8
03-25-2007, 09:52 PM
I stayed at POP for the 1st time this month. I liked the exclusivity of POP, as most of the buses just go back and forth to and from POP and don't make any other stops, but the all-star hotels do stop at the other hotels. That was my selling point. :)

Crow
03-25-2007, 10:33 PM
When I stayed at Pop in 2004, I had a room in the 60s building which is the first set of buildings nearest the food court and found NO problem. I suggest to everyone who wants to stay in a value to stay at Pop. It's newer, the buses are more efficient and it's more in the middle of things on the property :mickey:

agree w that. ive stayed 3 times all in the 50s buildings which was good. and last May i got a deal so ended up at Allstars...its looking rundown some. and its more at the end than Pop in terms of location...

battle beast
03-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks!

Does pop have a cafeteria like the Sports resort?

Brainiak5
03-26-2007, 05:07 PM
We stayed at POP this past January and at ALS in February 2006. I preferred POP in that we stayed in the 50's and got a free EPCOT fireworks display every nite :thumbsup:

The food court at All Stars seemed packed all the time, but overall the food experience was similar.

The tiebreaker for me was the onsite transportation. POP has its own buses and makes the returns at the end of the day seem like its a bit faster. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

Jasper
03-26-2007, 05:57 PM
We have stayed at the All Stars and POP on several occasions and other than theming and the fireworks, there was no significant difference.

I know some people talk about POP being newer, but with Disney's maintainence plans you rarely can tell the difference between a new property and an older one. Also, the length of time spent waiting for a bus or riding on one is virtually identical despite the fact that POP buses only run to that resort.

What some folks don't take into account when considering the bus situation is that Disney keeps a very close eye on wait time and commute time as well as how full each bus is. That means that by the time they add or delete busses as needed for demand, you will end up spending about the same amount of time in transport. Granted, there are always those times when you get lucky or have a bad experience with tranport at any resort.

Having said all that, I would say pick the one that has the most appeal to you in terms of the theming and go with that.

Crow
03-26-2007, 09:45 PM
We stayed at POP this past January and at ALS in February 2006. I preferred POP in that we stayed in the 50's and got a free EPCOT fireworks display every nite :thumbsup:

The food court at All Stars seemed packed all the time, but overall the food experience was similar.

The tiebreaker for me was the onsite transportation. POP has its own buses and makes the returns at the end of the day seem like its a bit faster. Enjoy. :thumbsup:
yep gotta love the 50s area for the location. and POP has an inside bar as well as a bar by the pool. Pop 50s has a pool too.

battle beast
03-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Huh. Thank you all who have posted! It is going to make my descision harder! In fact, I hope they have the HONEY DIJON suace they have at All Star Sports, because I'll have to go their for some just to bring home... I love that stuff!!!