PDA

View Full Version : Any new Park Plans??

Bruegge
03-25-2007, 11:12 AM
With Crowds the way they are, dining spots getting tighter than ever and new resorts (4 seasons complex, new DVC near CR) going up. Are there any plans for a new Park in the works??

Scott

bicker
03-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Definitely not. Disney management has made clear statements indicating that they believe they have the right number of parks (for now) and will instead be directing any expansion capital allocated to WDW towards improving the parks that they already have.

Look for Disney to search for ways to "work smarter not harder" -- i.e., ways to improve the guest experience by optimizing the use of their available assets, rather than just adding moreandmoreandmore. FastPass has been the strongest of efforts in that regard, but the objective there was to try to get more guests to spend more times at the less popular attractions, shops and restaurants. I suspect Disney is looking for more ways to make that happen.

Sharon1026
03-25-2007, 11:46 AM
My neighbor is in management at Disney. He is tight lipped, but he said definitely no to any new parks. Bummer!

Figment!
03-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Iger has stated in several interviews that the Walt Disney Company currently has no near to mid-long term plans for a new domestic theme park.

What types of "parks" you may see in the Disney fold over the next few years are another Asian Theme park and/or a domestic Interactive Park (think Discovery Cove).