PDA

View Full Version : Food & Wine Festival

disneydiva9902
03-25-2007, 11:06 AM
We have never been to this before and will be there for it this year. Are there any must dos or don'ts for that matter? What about the seminars? DH is interested in the beer ones. Do they have fees; do you have to register in advance for them? What about activities for the kids (DS 7 & DD 5)?

As always, thanks for the help!!

Maleficent's Dad
03-25-2007, 01:03 PM
I was there this year during the F&W festival, but only for a long weekend. I will offer this: avoid Friday and Saturday evenings (the afternoons are better) as the lines at each stand can get very long.

There are lots of F&W experts on Intercot, so I'll let them fill you in on the details; we didn't do any seminars, regrettably. :mickey:

Disney Lynn
03-26-2007, 08:56 AM
I only remember two free beer seminar locations. The better one is in the small garden by the UK's Rose & Crown Pub. It's offered several times each day, but you must go there in advance and get a ticket (free) for an assigned time. The Festival Brochure will have all the details. The other seminar was by the USA Pavillion (I think sponsored by Sam Adams?). We didn't do that this past year, but have previously. Of course there are lots of different beers sold in the various booths around World Showcase.

The Food & Wine Festival also has lots of seminars that cost (some quite expensive- and all sell out very quickly). I don't remember any of them focusing on beer, though.

Has your family been to WDW before? If not, I suggest doing EPCOT (and the Food & Wine Festival) before going to the MK. Once your kids experience the MK, they won't be thrilled with the F&W Festival. There are a few extra activities for kids- but not many. Also, most seminar areas (at least the free ones) have a table for kids- sometimes with crayons, etc- that is somewhat near where the adults sit. But you can't have your kids with you at the seminar table, and frequently the kids' table is behind you (so you can't keep an eye in them).