PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk

dolphinmickey9170
03-25-2007, 10:50 AM
We will be going to see the mouse in May and staying at our new home SSR. Can you walk/boat ride to the Boardwalk? And what is there to do for a family of four plus one infant? I've ridden by on a boat a few years back, but never stopped.

SleepyKeith
03-25-2007, 11:16 AM
As far as I know, there is no boat that goes from SSR to the Boardwalk. I guess the easiest way to get to the BW is to take the boat (or walk) to DTD and take the bus to the BW. Things to do there include, eat (lots of good food) play a few carnival games, watch the street performers, and take a surry bike ride around the lake.

Maleficent's Dad
03-25-2007, 12:58 PM
The Boardwalk is not accessible by water from SSR. It is accessible in many other ways.

First, if you're at MGM or EPCOT, you have a short commute. From MGM you should take the boat (to the left as you exit the turnstiles). You can walk from MGM (to the right of the waterway), but it's a longer walk and may be confusing the first time you do it. From EPCOT, there's an exit between the UK and France that will lead you right out to the BC. Go left over the bridge and you're at the BW. There is a boat, but it's a pretty short walk.

From the other parks, take the BW bus.
From all resorts, transfer at DTD.

About the Boardwalk:
There is no entertainment (street performers, magicians, jugglers, etc.) until after 6 PM. The best hours are those surrounding 9 PM when things really get going. We're usually heading in with our kids as more and more shows are starting...

Offerings:

ESPN Club (not Zone) - large sports' bar and themed restaurant. Very loud.
Small arcade with about 10 - 12 games (mostly for kids, attached to ESPN).
Boardwalk Bakery - treats that you would expect plus some lighter fare.
Spoodles restaurant - Mediterranean fare
Spoodles take-out pizza window
Sweet Shop - candy & ice cream
Flying Fish - higher end, bustling restaurant featuring uniquely served fish dishes
Screen Door - General Store with souveniers and food items
Big River - Brewery & restaurant
Jelly Rolls - piano bar (open only at night)
Atlantic Dance Hall - club opened only at night

You'll also find Wyland Art gallleries and Belle Vue Room slightly off the beaten path. You can rent surrey bikes in front of the BW's main area.

There are stands that do hair braiding and sell coffee and drinks. There's a small area with old fashioned carnival games (hit the frog into the moving jug, basketball hoops, etc...).

Boardwalk is loads of family fun; the shows are especially fun as they have lots of audience participation. But as stated above, it's more of an evening thing, and not sure how much your infant will get out of it. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
03-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the great info....I had no idea there was so much. I will surely look for the walking path. I enjoy walking Disney Properties.

dumbo ears
03-30-2007, 11:41 PM
SSR has a boat that goes anywhere in WDW so that is the best way other than driving

Maleficent's Dad
03-31-2007, 04:30 AM
SSR has a boat that goes anywhere in WDW so that is the best way other than driving
:nono: :nono: :nono:
SSR does not have a boat that goes anywhere.
SSR does have a boat that travels to DTD and OKW (not in that order). It makes no other stops.