PDA

View Full Version : How much for the extras?

PrincessASquared
03-25-2007, 10:35 AM
My wife, 5yr old daughter and I are planning on joining the DVC. If we were planning on traveling to Disney 2X per year, 5-7 days per trip, how much per trip, on average, would the extras cost. ie. DDP, Park hopper passes, magical express, etc..(Is there anything I'm forgetting?)Or, are there more affordable options available?
Any assistance would be appreciated.:mickey:

DVC2004
03-25-2007, 12:14 PM
I believe Magical Express is free. We found the most affordable option for tickets is the Annual Pass, with the DVC Discount. The discount on a regular pass (no water parks included) is $100 per adult and I think $85 per child. So for our family, two adults and 2 kids, AP's cost us about $1100 and some change. We used it three separate trips for a total of 18 days and got more than our moneys worth. Meals will depend on you- dining plan or out of pocket.

Maleficent's Dad
03-25-2007, 01:12 PM
If we were planning on traveling to Disney 2X per year, 5-7 days per trip,
Travelling this often, DVC is usually a good investment. Additionally, if you spend that many days down there going to parks, the AP with the DVC discount is indeed a good investment.
You get no discount on the DDP - so you pay what everyone else pays for this. However, if you do purchase an AP, you're eligible for the DDE which provides you with 20% off of food and drinks (including alcohol) at most sit-down restaurants (and CS at AK). This can be a cheaper way to go depending on your eating habits!
ME is complimentary - I believe Disney has made this commitment through 2009, but I may be mistaken. :mickey: