View Full Version : Cinderellagrls First Spring Break! Day three 2/27/07

cinderellagrl
03-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Cast of Characters:
Me- cinderellagrl, Jenny: age 19
My dear boyfriend, Dustin: age20
Dear little sister: Jody: age 18
Sisters dear boyfriend, Derek: age 19

So our third day in the world... for some reason we were all very tired, an unusual thing at for us at Disney. Well the four of us slowly got out of bed and headed over to AK. Ak is my favorite park for taking things slow. I love taking my time and absorbing all the details in Harambee, such a lovely villiage! Well this has always been the idea...until they put in Expedition Everest. Now we run to the the ride (not exactly, but a brisk walk) and grab fastpasses and jump in line, but today we noticed a ten minute wait... "what is going on?" So we grabbed a fastpast, for twenty five minutes later, and jumped on. Well, then we jumped on again, and again. Until our stomachs finally were at the point of becoming very unsettled we continued to ride it. FABULOUS!
Then with our stomachs in knots, we finally decided to enjoy the park.. ahhh. We walked to Asia (noticed the sign for Yak and Yeti) took in the tigers and then headed over to Kilimanjaro Safari! We were lucky! Walked right on (thank you monday before every other college has spring break!) and once again saved Big Red and Little Red. I love the safari, but this expedition was a little disapointing. Even though it was cool we some how missed out on quite a few animals, but it was all made up for by the sight of a five month old baby Giraffe, oh I have softspot for baby animals!
We continued our travels thoughout the park heading to Flame Tree BBQ, where we witnessed a fight between two older men, were almost attacked by birds, listened to numerous children upset over stolen food (those birds), and enjoyed My favorite counter service! YUMMY! We enjoyed our meal as always, and found it to be a good value on the DDP!
Next up, some time to let our stomach settle, and then a trip over to Countdown to Extinction (bore, dinosaur) This is one of my favorite rides! Earlier in the year I watched a show on the travel channel about AK, and when they featured this ride I was suprised to know that it is among the most technologically adavanced in all of Disney. In my opinion, I think it is very well put together! I love the dinosaurs, the story line, the motion, the noises, its great!

Well after dinoland, it was back to Asia and Kali River Rapids, thank goodness for ponchos... wouldn't have done it without them, too chilly!
Finally we decided to slowly walk our way out of the park and grab a bus to AKL for Bomas. I wanted to be ealry, but not two and a half hours early. Once we got there I realized I had nothing to worry about. I hadn't stayed there for a while and thought that the grounds had matured wonderfully. We slowly visited the animals, walked the gorunds, and found a lovely secluded place under some trees, that had lounge chairs. This is where we spent the next hour, napping! :secret: Oh no! But we woke in time for a non-alcoholic drink in the lounge! So off to Boma.... um well I wasn't overly impressed. I love authentic foods from around the world, but Bomas just didn't hit the spot. I felt that it was worth the try... and well worth a visit to the AKL, but next time I think that we will try Jikos if we want to visit!
After a full belly (containing mostly Zebra Domes and Hummus) we headed back to the Grand, so we boarded a bus to MK, the bus driver looked at us funny, because MK was about to close, but I told him that we were headed to the Grand, so he treated us to a little bit of magic! We were drived right to our hotel, no pit stop at the MK, no fighting for a seat on the monorail with the masses of people exiting MK, just right to our hotel! I love Disney Service!
When we got back to the Grand we enjoyed the lobby, listed to the piano, and found a lovely balcony that with the door proped open we could still hear the piano, but we still felt secluded from everyone else... it was so relaxing. After about an hour of quiet we headed back to the room, for a much needed night of rest!

Next up: GF beach, Epcot, and oh so good Le Ceilier!

darko aggie
03-25-2007, 11:58 AM
I've never had dinner at Boma's but the breakfast is wonderful!!!!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-25-2007, 03:36 PM
sounds like a great day.

faline
03-26-2007, 11:53 AM
How lovely to be driven directly to your resort! Listening to the piano player at the Grand Floridian is always so relaxing! Another good day!

pdrlkr
03-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: