PDA

View Full Version : Crohns

May524
03-25-2007, 02:29 AM
Anybody out there have this and finds things they can enjoy at the world?
My dad has Crohn's and we are always looking out for him regarding menu's and where he can eat. We've made a few ADR's for our next trip, but if there is something not on the menu that would settle with him...is there an exception? He is rather timid about this at times and i think becomes a little bit embarassed. He is more the type to order something for the sake of being there, and just pushing food around on his plate than not going with the family out to eat.
Any suggestions? :confused:

wendy*darling
03-25-2007, 07:47 AM
I do not have personal experience with this, but I do know a few things about dietary restrictions at WDW.

#1- He can eat anywhere! :thumbsup:
WDW is the place to be if your restricted in any way- Crohn's, diabetes, allergies, vegetarian, etc.

#2- Have them make a note on your reservation when you make your ADR's. And ask for the direct phone numbers to each restaurant.

#3- Call a week ahead and speak with the chefs at each restaurant if possible. (If you can't, or forget, don't worry).

#4- When you are seated- tell your server about the restriction and ask for the chef. They love to come out and talk with people for have special dietary needs. They will go over what the restrictions are and what he likes and doesn't like. Then they will make a special dish just for your Dad that will be the envy of the whole table!
The chefs love this chance to do something special & make a little magic :magic: .

Some places do this better than others. Some outstanding places that come immediately to mind are Boma and Kona Cafe. But ask everywhere you dine- even at the buffets.

And tell him to relax,enjoy and never be timid at WDW! :mickey:

Lovemykids
03-27-2007, 10:03 AM
My husband has Crohn's and we've been to WDW 3 times.

He has never had a problem after asking for food to be cooked without seasoning, special/spicy sauces or without onion or garlic (triggers for him).

Every place was very accommodating and he enjoyed his meal everytime.

As long as you're dad knows what to stay away from and asks specifically how things are prepared before ordering, he should be just fine :thumbsup:

I hope you both have a wonderful and healthy trip :mickey:

Christine
03-27-2007, 10:13 AM
My mother has Crohn's, so I totally understand your concern/worry for your dad.

WDW is wonderful in accommodating dietary needs. I think you will have no problem at all.

Have a wonderful trip!!!