PDA

View Full Version : The "I just can't stand the snow so I'm going solo" Trip Report Day 1

Dopey's Girl
03-25-2007, 01:05 AM
The Background: The first week of March, while watching it snow for another 2 days straight (we have had over 2 feet of snow in the course of about 5 days here in MN...not as much as some other places, but too much for this lover of warm weather), I decided I just couldn't take it any more! I had been jonesing for another quick trip, so I started talking to my friends to see if one of them wanted to go too. I made some tentative plans with one of the girls, but they fell through. I was sad, but decided that I was going...I need a break and WDW is one place as a single girl I feel pretty safe going it alone. A quick email to Wendy at MJ, and a trip was in the works.... I will eat when I want, sit when I want and ride when I want...in other words this trip is all about ME!

Who: Me, Myself and I!

When/Where: March 18-21 at Pop Century

3/18/2007 Sunday

It’s time! Back to Orlando I go! I just need a break. With all the late snow and the possibility of my brother having some pretty scary health problems (we were supposed to have answers by now, but since we are dealing with doctors, it could be another week of torture just waiting to hear), I just needed to have some fun! Mickey called, and I answered!

I got to the airport on time, only to find that they had just delayed my flight about an hour…BUMMER! Oh well, it’s less time in WDW, but I’m still headed to Disney, so it’s all good!

My flight landed about 75 mins late, I caught the tram over to the terminal, and checked in for DME. I got right on a bus, but we didn’t leave the airport for almost 45 mins. BOO! Pop was the first stop, but we didn’t get there until after 9:00 PM, I was starving, and tired, so DD was out of the question. I just wanted to check in, eat and rest up for the parks the next day. I checked in (no line! Yeah!) and was assigned room 8116, the 90’s building. Not a very desirable location for a woman traveling alone. I was 3 rooms from the end of the resort. I thought about asking to move, but by then, all I wanted to do was relax!

By now it’s after 11, and I still don’t have my bags…I’m starting to wonder. I called luggage services, but they didn’t have a clue, and told me someone would call me when they were bringing my bag. I got ready to go to bed, but really needed that bag…it had most of my stuff to get ready in the morning, plus my tennis and other stuff I needed! I waited, and waited and waited…finally, at 2:00 AM (after falling asleep) I got a call that they were bringing my bag…I wasn’t very impressed. I guess I have learned that if I’m coming in at night, and using DME, I’m picking up my bags, because that wait was just unnecessary!

Tomorrow: EMH at AK for a visit with the Yeti, and then a day at Epcot, plus some time at DD!

pdrlkr
03-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
03-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks for sharing.

faline
03-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Well, at least you've arrived and it's now snowing!

ElenitaB
04-01-2007, 12:50 PM
This is the second report I'm reading where a single woman travelling alone is put at the very back of the resort (the other incident was at one of the All Star resorts). What are they thinking? :confused: Kinda makes me worried about travelling alone in the future...

P.S. Hope you've heard from the drs by now and that the health issues your brother was facing were not as serious as you had thought. :hug:

pogo
04-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Hey.... rough start to your trip. :( But at least your at WDW and it's not snowing !:thumbsup:

On to read Day two. :D

larrybob
04-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the report!

Bethanymouse
04-25-2007, 07:09 AM
A tough first day! Sorry that DME was so late and that you were delayed! I hope that things start looking up! Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

glenpreece
04-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Yay for solo trips!!!!!