PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy a new cell phone?

JoDisney
03-24-2007, 10:21 PM
What cell phones have you recently purchased? Anyone get the new Nokia 5300, music player?

The Bookseller
03-25-2007, 12:39 AM
My current cellphone is a dumb Nokia 5190, five years old yet new because barely used by the previous owner. The quirk is that the cellphone is setted for germany use so he says "GUTENTAG!" everytime I turn him on.

I hate cellphones. I just have one because my work forces me to have one.

JPL
03-25-2007, 01:05 AM
DO NOT!!!! buy a Razr it is the worst phone I ever owned.

CleveSJM
03-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I just got a new Blackberry 8700c from work. Not lovin' it. Had a TREO 650 before and it was nice.

Wife and kids have Nokia's. They seem to like them.

CanadianWDWFan
03-25-2007, 11:43 AM
DO NOT!!!! buy a Razr it is the worst phone I ever owned.
Funny, this is the best phone I have ever owned. The features and PC hook up are great.

My other phone is a Sanyo Katana. It is just ok. You are supposed to be able to hook it up to your PC, but Sanyo hasn't made the software available yet.:confused:

RedSoxFan
03-25-2007, 01:52 PM
The boys and I all just got Razr phones the other day. So far, they like them and are very happy with them.

PirateLover
03-25-2007, 07:34 PM
I have to second JPL. My Razr absolutely stinks. It is about the 5th or 6th phone that I've owned and it definitely is the worst. I am sending it in for a replacement very soon. I had issues starting about 2 weeks after I got it but it never was enough to want to pay the insurance cost to replace it. Now it freezes/loses signal/shuts off at least 2x a day. My brother and cousin have Razrs and also have the same issues. We have the original models though so maybe they've worked out some of the kinks. But I do regret getting mine, and hope that when I do get a replacement that I'm allowed to get something else. :call:

conorsmom2000
03-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I just got the Samsung Sync A-707 (Cingular). So far, I am very happy with this phone - and I am picky about my phones! :blush: In the past year or so I've gone through the Nokia 6102 (tiny memory, no expandable memory); the LG CU320 (liked this okay though it didn't stay at Cingular for more than a few months so there must have been problems with it - loved the 3G, but couldn't stand the fact that it "chimes" with every thing that you do and you can't turn that off); The Motoral Razr V3r - (the red one - sorry Brian, I'm with Jeff - I couldn't stand this phone! First, with Cingular, I'd been spoiled with having a 3G phone and missed it, but also, my siblings, cousins, etc., basically use text messaging to keep in touch and I couldn't stand the text messaging on this phone! I found the really flat key pad a pain too).

I basically need a "do everything" phone without having to (or wanting to) go up to a smartphone/pda - good calendar, lots of memory, good contacts section, etc. My cellphone is really like a planner for me and so far this one is very good. I had been impatiently waiting for the Nokia N75 to come out, which was the phone I really wanted, but I finally gave up and got the Sync.

And, I'll admit, I do love it's bright red color and that it has a 2 mp camera - not that I use the camera often, but it's nice for when I don't have mine and want to capture something!

2Epcot
03-26-2007, 03:01 AM
I bought a Palm Treo 650 last year. I still love it, and can't believe I waited so long to get a smart phone. I originally was going to buy a Blackberry, but didn't want to pay extra to Blackberry. The Treo works almost exactly the same, and I only pay money to Sprint.

JoDisney
03-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Along the line of a Razor, we saw T-mobile had just got in the Motorola Rizer Z3. It is a slider phone.