PDA

View Full Version : Singing in the Rain umbrella, still there?

cgriff
03-24-2007, 10:07 PM
The Singing in the Rain umbrella at Disney-MGM Studios is still listed in the Intercot Info Central under 'Hidden Treasures', but I've gotten the impression from some recent posts that perhaps this little feature is no longer at the park. Can any recent Studios visitor confirm or deny this?

Thank you very much!

cgriff

JPL
03-24-2007, 10:13 PM
I think I remember seeing it in December but not 100% sure. The Umbrella has been known to disappear and then reappear without notice;)

cgriff
03-24-2007, 10:26 PM
I see that this topic has come up before. Sorry for being repetitive... I did try a forum search for "Singing in the Rain umbrella", but I see that Singin' would have produced a better result...

Anyway, one of the posts in the following thread has a photolink from November '06 showing the umbrella definitely missing from its usual area
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91944

I do hope it will return shortly...

Maybe they remove it during winter months????

Thanks,
cgriff

battle beast
03-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Why would they take it down and put it back up? it makes no sense. I hope it's there in November when i go...

cubbie
03-24-2007, 10:48 PM
I thought they just pulled it down during the Christmas season, since it interferred with the Osborne Lights. I would think it's back up, but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone who has been there recently can clarify.

bradk
03-24-2007, 11:46 PM
it definitely was not there in december. i was there the first week and asked a CM who didn't notice it was missing until I asked about it... went something like this:

Me: Where's the umbrella?
CM: it's usually around here somewhere
Me: isn't it normally THERE?
CM: oh yeah, you're right. maybe they took it down for the lights

to be honest, i didn't even bother to check when I was there in March.

kakn7294
03-25-2007, 01:01 AM
It definately was not there the first week of Dec. The spot where it is normally located was covered over with a wooden box approximately 3 ft tall. Hopefully it's back now!

JPL
03-25-2007, 01:33 AM
Maybe it was last June I saw it then :blush: Sometimes my trips blend together in my mind ;)

FormerCastMember
03-25-2007, 04:13 AM
a friend of mine and myself have been attempting to see the umbrella for over 6 months now and on 2 different trips have been unsuccessful...we understood why it was gone in november with the lights being put up but our recent trip for espn the weekend in the beginning of march the umbrella was still nowhere to be found, only the black box that replaces the street light where it should be...i hope it isnt gone for good because i would love to see it

prttynpnk
03-25-2007, 07:26 AM
Ok, where exactly is it?

FormerCastMember
03-25-2007, 09:06 PM
as you are walking down the streets of america heading towards lights...motors...action once you get to the end of the street take a left and it should be on a street lamp pole on the corner

SgtTigger
03-25-2007, 10:17 PM
It was not there in Nov. Angel (here we go again ) posted a picture showing it missing......

Not sure if they put it back though......

:rain:

:cop: :tigger:

cgriff
03-26-2007, 08:41 PM
as you are walking down the streets of america heading towards lights...motors...action once you get to the end of the street take a left and it should be on a street lamp pole on the corner

So that would put it across New York Street from Muppet*Vision3D then? Does that sound right?

Thanks,
cgriff

joelkfla
03-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Near the MuppetVision exit.

I just checked last night, and I was able to find the spot by a black wooden box over the pipes and the little rubber square in the pavement that you had to stand on, but no umbrella.

I think there used to be a building on that corner, but now it's just the skeletal back side of San Francisco Street.

bradk
03-26-2007, 08:51 PM
at the end of the new york street opposite the backdrop, across from LMA. i don't believe muppetvision is visible from that vantage point. in my photo of it, you can see the back of the backlot tour building.

BelleBeauty
03-27-2007, 01:05 PM
We were there last August and my sister and I definitely stood under it and took lots of pictures. Maybe they are only putting it out in hot weather - makes sense...

Disnamic Duo
03-27-2007, 01:09 PM
My wife and I were there this past January. We looked for it, but couldn't find it, so we asked a couple CM's about it....they didn't have a clue what we were talking about???

MGKpotc8283
03-28-2007, 11:58 AM
The umbrella wasn't there last week when I visted the Studios.