Seawitch DD 10
Seawitch DS 9 turning 10 on 3/22
Seawitch DD 8
Aj
Ray
A&R DS 14
A&R DD 12
A&R DD 10
Second trip to WDW with this same group (1st trip four years ago)
After 14 1/2 hours of driving over two days we arrived to our rental home in Sunny but chilly Florida. We were not expecting to have to wear our jeans and sweatshirts for the first three days of our trip, but that's the way the isobar bounces! We unpacked, the kids jumped in the pool and we waited for Garden Grocer to arrive with our order. GG was supposed to deliver between 4-6 pm. Around 5:15 pm I called to inquire...no answer so I left a message. A nice young man named Mark returned my call about five minutes later. He had no record of my order:thedolls: I suggested that he look again since I had prepaid via the required Paypal method. He said he'd call back within 15 minutes. Exactly 15 minutes later he called back to say that yes, they had found our LARGE order but that unfortunately it was in a stack of paper and never got filled. "So what your saying, Mark, is that I am not getting my groceries?" "Well, ummm, I'm really sorry, this has never happened in over 6000 orders, we're not sure what happened." "Uh huh, I see, I hope you understand that I have 10 people to feed and it's almost 6 o'clock pm?" "Yes, umm, I'm really sorry, but I don't have anyone to shop for your order tonight" Garden grocer thought they could get to us early Sunday morning, but I said forget it. We had plans to be at AK by 8:30 am to meet up with my (Seawitch) dad who had flown in to visit us. I didn't want to be stuck waiting from 8-10 am for their delivery. So here is my recommendation: DON'T USE GARDEN GROCER!!!!!!! :down: Our group had plans to attend the 6 pm mass at Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine (which if you are Catholic, this is a really awesome church, great music, beautiful shrine). We did church then AJ and I went to Winn Dixie and did the shopping. We unpacked groceries, made a breakfast casserole that would be baked in the morning and we all hit the hay to prepare for our first day in the kingdom!

pdrlkr
03-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks for sharing.

dtootsie42
03-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks for sharing! Sorry that Garden Grocer messed up your order.

faline
03-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Garden Grocer.

I've been hearing it was unusually cold in Florida recently!

ChipnDaleGal
03-27-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm sorry that you had trouble with Garden Grocer. I have read mostly very positive reviews of their service. Any business is going to have mess ups once in awhile, but I am sorry that your group had to the unfortunate ones to experience it firsthand. But, now that you are all settled in I hope that you have an amazing time in the parks! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

sleepingbooty
03-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Bummer about Garden Grocer - I certainly hope you got a refund!